Twenty nine

"Dad cmon why can't you just give me a yes or a no? This needs to be sorted as soon as possible." I groan in frustration as dad rolls his eyes at me.
"Come on Mark, she needs this for her career. If I was your guardian you know I would give you the go ahead Lindsay." Melissa smiles at me full of pity and I frown at them both.
I wish dad had the same ideas as Melissa.
"What has your mother said about this? Look you, me and your mother need to sit down and talk about this. Just us three and we will decide what's best." My dad says before walking out of the kitchen.
I huff and sit at the island, picking off old nail polish.
"I'm sorry sweetie, I'm sure once he talks to your mom he'll see the benefits. She can surely drive down here or something to talk, right?" Melissa tries to comfort me and I just go along with it.
I really do love Melissa, I just wish she could have a say in all this. If she did then we all know I'd be allowed do online school and go on tour with Shawn whilst also building my career even more.
*
I'm sitting in my room alone when I hear a knock at my door.
"Come in." I shout. Dad enters and I stay laying on my bed.
"I was just on the phone to your mom. She'll be here tomorrow at 5pm to discuss all of this school stuff." My dad tells me and I nod my head and mumble an 'okay'. "What's wrong now? You should be happy she's coming down so we can talk about things." My dad huffs and I roll my eyes at him. 
"It's just you really don't support me do you? I mean I could be a great actress and be happy and doing what I've always dreamt of doing but you're being difficult. Even Melissa is agreeing with me on this one dad." I explain to him and he sighs before sitting at he edge of my bed.
"I do support you it's just all so fast and Shawn has a lot to do with this." Dad says and I roll my eyes again.
"It's not all about Shawn. If me and Shawn broke up tomorrow I'd still want to do this to focus on my career dad. I promise you." I tell him and he nods his head.
"Okay. I just hope you're being honest." He mumbles before standing up and leaving.
He's so difficult I just don't get it.
I'm being honest I want to do this and I always have. It's just a bonus that I'll be touring with Shawn.