part one

5 years later

it's exactly two years today since i lost one if the most important people in my life. shawn and i were made break up because my management wanted me to seem more 'appealing' for roles. apparently being single made me more appealing.
the breakup was meant to only last a year, but during the year of shawn and i being forced apart, we drifted. we didn't have many encounters or any form of contact with each other. after seven months of us apart, shawn started seeing other people, so i decided to also see other people.
of course, nobody ever compared to shawn. nobody will ever compare to him. the love i have for shawn and the way shawn made me feel can never be fulfilled with somebody else.
i was seeing a guy for a few months but ended it two months ago. i just wasn't feeling the relationship i guess. i don't know if shawn is seeing anyone, i no longer want to keep up to date with his life. it hurts too much.
melony and i are still best friends. i now live in los angeles and she lives in new york now, but we are still best friends. she is dating a guy named matthew espinosa. he actually used to be good friends with shawn, they met during magcon.
since today is new years eve, i am heading to new york as melony and matthew are having a major new years eve party. i said i'd head over to new york the day of the party and stay for three nights. the flight isn't going to take too long so here i am at 7am, boarding my flight to new york.
*
it's now 7pm and a lot of people are already at melony and matthew's house. i'm wearing a red silk, thin strapped dress that goes a bit above mid thigh. my hair is down, parted in the middle and straightened. melony is wearing a white, tight, strapless dress that goes mid shin.
"so, are you drinking much tonight?" melony asks me and i chuckle.
"of course i am. it's new years eve, i may as well start the new year unaware of what i'm doing." melony laughs at my response and shakes her head.
"tonight is going to be insane."