A New Family Member

Amy, Rory, Alotone and the Doctor were guiding Ava down a path on the planet Earth. Unknowing where she was going due to her blindfold, the little girl quizzed her family. (A/N: Alotone is using a perception filter so he appears human)

"Are we going to the park?-"

"Nope" Amy replied smirking.

"- A zoo?" she quizzed again.

"Nuh-huh" Alotone retorted.

"Welp I give up! I've gone through everything I can think of" she grumbled sounding disappointed in herself. But that didn't stop her from being happy about being someplace 'new'.

They turned into a building that had a huge sign with the words "PET SHOP" in bright Blue which was outlined with black. Still blindfolded and unaware of their location Ava asked if thery were close to their location. Lifting his daughter up into his arms the Doctor informed her that they were already there. Removing the clothe, the girl squealed with excitement as her eyes met with different animals surrounding her.

"Happy early-birthday sweetie" the three of them shouted (not to loud knowing they might scare the creatures around them)

Her eyes began to water as her smile grew even bigger, she'd wanted her own 'companion' for the longest time. Animals had always fascinated her and she had asked her father countless times to get one of her own, she had even promised to give up asking about her 'dead' mother even though he had insisted she didn't have to.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your the bestest family anyone could ask for! I love you all some much!" her face was now hooked under her dad's neck hugging him to death.

"Pick anyone you want, that is if it's not huge or tiny. I'd prefer not losing it or having anything broken!" His comment made her giggle.

After putting her down and walking around every enclosure they finally came to a stop at the cats and kittens. There was a range of black, white, brown and silver felines but one was stood out from the rest. It was the smallest of all the litters, it's fur was silver with beautiful black patterns swirling through it. It's eyes were the deepest blue she ever seen, just like the TARDIS' but a tad lighter. Soon after looking the small kitten over they came to the conclusion that it hadn't been adopted for one reason, it's left hind leg was misshaped and twisted in the wrong direction. Ava stared, transfixed on the tiny creature. Knowing his daughter's choice from the look in her eyes, the Doctor called over the nearest worker and asked how much the kitten was.

"He's free, no one will take him because of his leg. Which is a real shame, he's got the kindest soul and nature I've ever seen in a cat! If you want him you can take him but you'll need to buy the rest of the things for him. Oh and he doesn't need anything for his leg, he was just born that way" The Doctor nodded and looked to his daughter wanting her final choice.

Her eyes were filled yet again but this time it was with pure joy, his own eyes began to fill knowing she would grow into an amazing young women. The same women he met all those years ago; The Lost Girl. He looked back to the worker and nodded showing his decision to take the runt.

Time Skip

"So what are you going to call him?" Amy quizzed the child who was holding her new found pet.

"Ateyo, it means God in the language of of the Volkoluke. He's my little God, I'll put my faith in him and if i'm lucky he'll put his faith in me!"

 He's my little God, I'll put my faith in him and if i'm lucky he'll put his faith in me!"