Tricks and treats

A small thud echoed throughout the Doctor's bedroom. Ava was currently teaching her tiny friend to jump ledge to ledge on his tall climbing post. He had stumbled a few times but each time landed each of his leaps which he was rewarded with treats and pets.

Ateyo had made the Doctor's bedroom a training area since it was the only place he felt comfortable other than Ava's own room where he slept and ate. The Doctor was content with the arrangement despite the small kitten shedding his sliver fur everywhere, which stood out due to the room being royal purple with grey.

The young girl grinned happily and fed him treats and peppered him with kisses and strokes, which caused him to purr lovingly, Ateyo had leapt to another ledge without stumbling in the slightest. When he had first arrived he had struggled with walking, climbing and running. He was discouraged to move for awhile but over the first week Ava had convinced him to walk and follow her around the room. Eventually he had climbed to the top of his tower. Ava had cried seeing him gain the courage to be active and enjoying his life like any other cat would.

His purring doubled as Ava lifted him into her arms and he wrapped his front limbs around her shoulder as if he were hugging her. She held him tight and began walking towards the console room where her father and grandparents were enjoying back and forth banter about past adventures.

"-oh god, I remember. He had his head stuck in that helmet for hours!" Amy sniggered at the Doctor who rolled his eyes but had a grin stretched across his face.

"why did you think it would be a good idea to shove a random helmet that was clearly to small for you on your head?"

"It's not my fault my curiosity wins over my better reasoning" grumbled the Doctor back to Rory.

Giggling at her father's past stupidity Ava descended the stairs still hold Ateyo tight and carefully. He had been in the console room various times since his first day in the TARDIS a few months back, so wasn't too frightened to run off back to the Doctor's bedroom.

Amy smiled at her granddaughter kindly as she came to sit beside her on the chairs near the console. Her father leaning forward off the console to stroke the creature in his daughters arms who purr contently. 

"How's his training coming along?"

Ava grinned at her grandmother's question before proudly stating "he's so smart, I don't have to show him anymore and he-he knows what each command means now! He knows sit,  kiss and jump... Oh and hugs!"

The trio laughed at her excitement and asked for a demonstration. She set him down on the glass floor and he walked around the Doctor's legs before sitting besides him.

"Okie, but can we go somewhere for the day? I want Ateyo to see the universe too!"

The Doctor thought for a moment before nodding

" I think we have a harness in the TARDIS somewhere but if he gets frightened we have to come straight back home, understand?"

Ava grinned excitedly while nodding her "Thank yous". She stood up shortly after wards and clicked her tongue which signalled Ateyo to stand up and circle her legs.

"Ateyo, sit down pleaseeee"  the kitten complied sitting down in front of her and peered up into her eyes. She bent down to his level and made kiss noises which resulted in the small cat to head butt her face gently. The three awed at this in unison.

She giggle at him while reaching her hands under his front legs and he leapt into her arms. Again clinging to her shoulder and nuzzling her face from the side as he purred. 

Ava turned to her family and smiled. The Doctor chuckled and kissed her cheek before leaving down the hall to retrieve the harness he had mentioned earlier. He returned a few minutes later with a black and silver cat harness which he was adjusting to fit Ateyo.

Ava held the tiny cat out to her father who picked him up and placed him on the edge of the console. He went to leap down but Ava asked him to sit still which he did trusting her judgment.

Soon enough he was in his harness and walking clumsily around the console room, Ava close behind him. The Doctor pranced around the console inputting coordinates and pulling levers as they tumbled through the time vortex.

I'm so sorry it's been months XD