Bonding

Ava sat with her father waiting for the silver kitten to climb out from under the king sized bed, he'd been under there for around 18 minutes and was starting to get hungry. Reluctantly he peeked his tiny head out looking for something to eat, eventually his blue eyes came to meet his food bowl which had been filled by the Doctor a few minutes before.

Her eyes sparkled brightly as he began walking cautiously towards his bowl, she held still trying not to startle him.

"I'll leave you with him so you can bond with him, we don't want him not trusting you so don't chase him. Just let him come to you or when he's settled you come to him but slowly okay?" The Doctor stood looking at his daughter with gentle eyes.

She smiled, nodding her head then looking back to her soon to be best friend.

Le Time Skip

Ava had laid down on her father's bed and fell sound asleep. She didn't stir when Ateyo jumped up on the bed, still a bit unsure of his surroundings and the sleeping creature besides him he sniffed her. Coming to the conclusion she was harmless he proceeded to sit near her. He studied her intensely watching close as she breathed; his paws carried him over to her face. Sniffing before rubbing his head on her's, he laid down curling into a ball in her side.

A few moments later the door opened quietly as not to disturb the them; the Doctor's head peeked in. After seeing them asleep together he decided to bring a blanket over their sleeping bodies trying to provide some warmth. He then left walking back down the corridor he had come from and returning to his friends.

"How is she?" Amy asked quietly as the Doctor sat down next to her in the console room.

"She seems fine considering she's now cuddling with the kitten in her sleep" he smiled, his response soft.

"River's pov"

"D2 what did you do to annoy your uncle this time?" River's voice was stern as she scolded her youngest child.

"Nothing! He just can't take a piece of his own medicine" waving his hands in the air much like his father would. "Plus he was being mean to Kody because he's... different from me, dad and Ava... it's not fair Koldaine does everything for me, he's brave, smart and funny! I don't understand why Al gives him such a hard time when Kody is the best of us three" D2's face was filled with anger and sadness knowing that his older brother would always be judged by his uncle.

River was taken back as her son shouted his worries to her, he had never done anything like this before, not to her at least. He would shout and talk to his father about similar thoughts but never about his brother and the way he was treated by others.

"Koldaine is... different, yes, but I think your uncle is just trying to toughen him up, you know your brother is sensitive when it comes to... leading his own path. He's not the leading type, he likes to follow the 'pack'." She tried to explain Alotone's actions even though she was furious at him for it, he was trying to help and he needed to understand that if he was ever going to make progress with his brother and his uncle.

D2 was the youngest of his family and was known for being the very opposite of a 'runt', he was born a leader. But much like most leaders he needed an adviser and that was Koldaine, his older and shyer brother. Due to Kody being mostly human he was outcasted by Alotone, this caused the two young boys to grow distant to him despite the strong bond D2 and Al had.

"I know, mom, I understand but I'm still not fine with the way he treats him" he looked down to the gray stone floor as he spoke not wanting to look her in the eyes.

"That's fine darling. Now come on, let's go get your brother and head home"