Chapter III: The Curse

"Sam, I swear if you say almost there one more time I'm going to lose it!" Dean threatened. He was getting restless, especially since their destination was still an unclear one.

Sam shook his head. "I'm telling you man. One more mile, that's it. And we're just in time. This Henry guy said he would meet us at the town line at noon. It's 5 minutes till; we made perfect timing. We're almost there," Sam said, instantly wincing at his use of the last phrase.

Dean pounded on his steering wheel and let out a bunch of nonsense words under his breath. Sam could only make out of a few damn, shit, and fucks.

"Look! There's a kid sitting on the side of the road," Sam pointed out. Dean slowed the Impala down until they stopped next to the kid.

Dean rolled down his window, "Hey kid. What are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?"

The kid looked up from the book he had in his lap. He cocked his head and studied the brothers. "Sam and Dean Winchester?"

Dean sighed, you've got to be kidding me.

"Henry Mills?" Sam asked.

Henry's face lit up as he hopped off of the ground and packed his book back in his bag. "Glad you made it! I've been waiting here for like 10 minutes. We better get going." Henry opened the door to the backseat of the Impala and climbed in.

Dean couldn't handle this. He put the car in park and spun around. "I am not going anywhere until you explain yourself, kid. How old are you anyway, like 5?"

Henry pouted, unhappy with how things were progressing. "I'm 10. I'm guessing you're Dean. I heard you were a bit testier than Sam. It's ok, you remind me of my mom."

"Sorry about him," Sam started. "You're right. I'm Sam and this is Dean. So you're the Henry Mills who messaged us? How can we help you?"

Dean rolled his eyes at Sam's attempt to be soothing.

"You have to help me break the curse," Henry said, matter-of-fact-like. "We've gotta get my mom to believe."

"So, what is this curse anyway? Besides a cheesy town name..." Dean asked, trying not to be too hard on the kid. He'd calmed down some and figured he could at least humor him.

Henry's face lit up at the question and he dug into his backpack. "See this book? It's full of the town's history."

He handed the book to Sam who flipped it open and started skimming through it. "Fairy tales? The history of Storybrooke is a bunch of fairy tales?"

"Man," Dean whined. "We already did the fairy tale thing with that town in Maple Springs."

Henry looked confused. "Ignore him," Sam explains. "Go on."

"See everything in this book actually happened."

"Of course they did," Dean says under his breath.

"They're all from another world. They were sent to our world through a curse by the Evil Queen to ruin everyone's happy endings. Especially Snow White's. The curse makes time stand still and people don't remember who they really are. They've been living the same life for the last 28 years."

Dean and Sam stared at the little boy. They've heard a lot of crazy things, but this took the cake. Dean cleared his throat, "The evil queen sent a bunch of fairy tale characters here."

"Yeah, and now they're now trapped." Henry was growing impatient. By now he knew Emma would realize he'd skipped out on the remainder of school and would be looking for him.