Chapter XXXVIII: Trip to the Castle

Sam was parked near the docks as he sat in the Impala.

He had gotten a call from Bobby earlier today, he was on his way to Storybrooke and needed the coordinates. He was about a day or so out. David and Ruby were busy taking care of some resident problems. So Sam decided to do some surveillance on Jefferson, who had managed to escape them the other day during all the town chaos. He managed to find him sitting alone at the docks, staring at some kind of paper in his hands.

Just before Sam was ready to pull out the keys and make his presence known, Henry appeared out of nowhere and took a seat next to him.

Sam stayed in his spot, watching intently as the small boy and man began to engage in conversation. He noticed Henry point to the paper in Jefferson's hands, to which he began to fold it up and place it in his jacket pocket. A few seconds more of talking and Jefferson began to stand up, looking around as if for an excuse to leave. Henry tried to stop him from going, raising his hands and standing in front of him. Jefferson began to walk forward, to which Henry only stayed in front of him walking backwards and holding his hands up, desperately trying to convince him into whatever it was they were talking about.

That was when Jefferson bent down and grabbed onto Henry's arms, shaking him slightly.

Sam wasted no time opening the car door and jumping out. He started walking quickly towards the pair, until Henry put his hand on Jefferson's arm in an empathetic gesture. Jefferson's arms fell and he stood up, running his hand across his face. Sam slowed down a bit. Their conversation came to an end when Jefferson smiled and reached out his hand. Henry shook it and smiled brightly. Then Jefferson walked away.

Henry began to walk down the dock and Sam jogged to catch up to him.

"Hey, Henry," he announced whenever he got to his side. The kid looked up at him and smiled. "You ok?"

Henry nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just thought maybe if I talked to Jefferson, he would be more willing to help us."

"Was he?"

Henry shook his head. "He said he can't. He's worried about his daughter, Paige- or Grace. I tried to convince him to find her, but I'm not sure if he'll listen to me. But he might have mentioned someone who could help us. Or something."

"Really?" Sam was intrigued.

"My mom's vault."

Sam racked his brain, "The Evil Queen's vault? The one that had the Huntsman's heart in it?"

Henry looked up and grinned, obviously impressed with Sam's recollection of his storybook. "Exactly! I think I know where it is, too. When Graham was looking for it, Emma mentioned that they ended up in the graveyard."

"Who's Graham?" Sam asked. "I don't think I've met him yet."

Henry's gaze dropped slightly along with his smile. He and Sam sat down on one of the benches. "He was the sheriff when Emma came to town. He was the one who hired her as the deputy. But he was the Huntsman in the Enchanted Forest from Snow White's story."

"Was?"

"He was beginning to remember, because of Emma. He even came to me and asked for help. He was having dreams about hunting and a wolf and almost hurting Mary Margaret. So I told him I thought he was the Huntsman from the story. He said it all began to happen after he kissed Emma. He kept saying he needed to find his heart."

"The one the Evil Queen stole after he refused to kill Snow White."

Henry nodded. "But my mom still had his heart, in her vault. And Graham was starting to remember; breaking through the curse. So she crushed his heart- and killed him."