#7

"Wait—wait, just a second."

Colby leaned back against the cabinets, sliding himself further up onto the counter so that it wasn't digging uncomfortably into the back of his legs. He sighed, opening his arms and making grabby hands, "Okay, c'mere."

His arms looped back around Sam's neck, who resumed laying kisses along his neck, and he couldn't help but let out a happy noise. Sam snaked an arm around his waist, his other hand pressing against his hip, rubbing circles onto it with his thumb. Colby wrapped his legs around him, heels digging into his back and bringing him even closer.

He tangled his fingers into the back of bright hair, affectionately running his hands through it as Sam continued to kiss him gently, paying special attention to the fading bruises. Colby was absolutely beaming. This felt so vanilla.

It was gentle and sweet and there was no urgency, no lust, and he almost dared to think it was just love. He didn't question it though.

After last weekend, the first time he and Sam had full blown sex, things had dulled down. Instead of Sam pressing into Colby and prompting a late night handjob or blowjob, he'd just lean into him. He'd kiss him, shower him with affection, and hold him for hours on end. He'd be lying if he said they hadn't done anything sexual in the past week, but it was a lot less animalistic. He liked being treated like a lover, but it was so twisted. He wasn't Sam's boyfriend. He was just his best friend that he occasionally kissed and fucked.

Yeah, that's a good description.

He grimaced, but it melted away into a genuine smile as he felt Sam's lips on his. They kissed lazily, mouths moving together clumsily as they couldn't stop smiling. What the hell was with them and their sudden cliche, romantic ways? It was making Colby want to be sick.

Almost. Because he still enjoyed pretending he was the one dating Sam. The one he took on dates, invited into his bed, stayed with, showed off proudly, held hands with, cuddled, kissed all the time, whenever, wherever. He liked pretended Sam loved him and that he wasn't just a secret.

Sadness washed over him, and he pressed closer to Sam moving his hands to the front of his shirt. He gripped it tightly, pulling away from Sam. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, Sam smiling, and Colby looking a bit uncertain. Sam laughed nervously, "What?" Colby admired the crooked curve of his lips and the shine in his eyes before he pulled him back, kissing him a bit possessively.

Sam just melded into it, his hands returning to his hold on the boy's hips. Colby's thoughts calmed down, and he returned to his calm state, happily wrapped around Sam and comfortable in his embrace.

Then there was a sudden and loud knocking on the door, almost as if someone was trying to bust the door down.

Colby jerked his head away, smacking it against the cabinets, immediately letting out a shrill, "Fucking hell!" Sam untangled himself, Colby dropping his legs and arms to let him free, using his hand to run the forming bump on his head with a whimper. They looked at each other with red faces, hearts thudding against their chests, embarrassed by the thought of being caught making out against a kitchen counter at eleven a.m.

Sam left the kitchen swiftly and Colby slid himself off the counter. He sighed, shifting from foot to foot. "Sam, my arse is numb from sitting on the...counter." He blinked, looking at the smiling face of Katrina and a bit of a distressed Sam. "Oh, hi."

"Morning!" She chirped, apparently not going to question why he was informing Sam of the state of his ass. She really did trust him. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, suddenly feeling the need to as if she could see the kisses on his lips. She continued, "I'm here because me and Sam were gonna get a late breakfast...or early lunch?"