#8

The next few weeks passed quietly and uneventfully. Sam spent a lot of time with Katrina. Her schedule was about to hit its busy cram this weekend and the couple was milking what time they had together before she was too packed to even think about doing anything. Honestly, that girl was a saint. Volunteering and working every shift she could at her two job and not even bothering to complain once to anyone. It'd drive anyone else insane.

"It's the price I pay to live alone in a nice apartment!" She chimed, still happily beaming. "Well, I say alone, but it's also the price I pay to keep my two babies fed!" 'Babies' referred to her excitable dog and bouncy kitten. Colby adored them. Sam did, too, but he had to stick to the dog as the little kitten liked to rub up on him and leave its allergy inducing fur all over him and his favorite shirts.

The boys agreed, however, that they both took a lot of money to care for. Plus, she was indeed right about her appartment. It was nice and spacious and even though it took a lot of her time away occasionally to maintain it all, she did a damn well job at it.

When Sam returned to the flat on Friday afternoon, he looked crushed. Colby laughed just to poke fun at him. He jumped up from the sofa, coming up to pinch both his flatmate's cheeks. "Hey! Don't be sad! Remember, dinner tomorrow night?" That made Sam lighten up and suddenly he was hugging Colby, lifting him off his feet in the slightest. Colby was shocked, gripping onto the back of Sam's shirt. He was set back onto his feet, and he looked at Colby with a blush, "Sorry! I got a little too excited- the place has mirrors on the ceiling and there's a little koi pond and the tables have cute lights on them and I'm also a bit affection deprived so I wanted a hug." He blurted.

Colby covered his mouth to stifle a giggle. "Yeah, I'm excited too. Plus, I love Chinese food."

Sam stared at Colby for a moment. He was holding the younger boy close and his cheeks were tinged pink, his eyes squinted from the wide smile on his lips. Sam swallowed hard, feeling a strange feeling twist in his stomach.

He suddenly pushed forward, locking their lips and leading Colby in a stumbling haste to the sofa.

________________

Colby observed his appearance in the mirror, spinning around once. As soon as he realized how stupid and embarrassing the action was, he looked away from his reflection, blushing. He jumped, spinning around as his door opened and Sam waved him over, "Come on! You look fine, let's go!"

Colby shuffled over to Sam, and they left the flat together, "I know this place is fancy and all, but do I look to formal? Or, like, even to underdressed? I dunno!" Sam snorted, looking over at Colby with a raised brow. "What? I just don't want to stand out."

"You won't," He gigged out, tossing his hand up to catch a cab's attention. "Besides, you're worrying over your appearance like you're going on the date of your life."

Colby knew he was teasing. His tone was joking and he bumped his arm with his elbow, but Colby couldn't help but look down at his shoes guiltily. "Um, yeah." He mumbles, rocking on his heels. When the cab pulls up the curb, Sam climbs in, patting the seat next to him before Colby slips in next to him and shuts the door.

He gives the directions to the restaurant, leaning back into the seat and looking over to Colby, "Okay, so, listen. You know what the place has on top of amazing decor? Listen to what it serves!"

Colby smiles sheepishly as Sam begins to ramble and he wished his could reach over, hold his hand, and kiss him on the forehead.

But this wasn't a date and this wasn't his boyfriend. He was only his best friend...and his fuckbuddy.

___________________

"So, she turned around and almost hit me with her umbrella! All over a candy wrapper!" Sam finished off his outrageous story, leaning back in his seat with an exasperated huff.