2.

~So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them~ Sylvia Plath

Josephine-

A glass of vodka with juice had been placed in my hand not too long ago, but it begun to get warm in my un-wanted grasp. Setting it down on the table beside me on a coaster without taking one sip, I bring my legs to my chest, sinking back into the couch cushions. Olivia and Tyler sit on the ground below Shawn and I, laughing heavily at the movie we are watching, which now, is Saw.

The alcohol is making them find gruesome things funny, I guess. I try to not pay too much attention to the movie, and instead take out my phone to check my emails just for a distraction. When I see Shawn hurriedly race out of the living room after hopping off the couch, I get up myself and run after her, knowing what's about to happen. Olivia and Tyler take no notice to it, but I open up the bathroom door that she'd escaped to down the hall, and hold my breath even though there's probably no foul smell to inhale, and walk over to hold her hair back as she pukes into the toilet, kneeled on her knees in front of it.

She rests her forearms on the lid after closing it and flushing, leaning her weight onto it.

"You alright?" I ask her, releasing her hair, the short, but thick strands falling into her face.

"I think, thanks Jo." She murmurs, and I nod my head even though she cannot see me, before retrieving a rubber band from the drawer under my sink, tying her hair back gently to keep it out of her face.

"I really can't handle alcohol, I don't see why I let them make me drink it." Shawn laughs softly, and turns her body until her back is leant against the toilet seat.

I don't know quite what to say, because Liv and Tyler can make you feel babyish when they want to, and persuade you to do things you don't want to.

"I know what you mean. Just like how I'm watching that disgusting movie out there for them." I laugh softly. She smiles over to me, and lifts her weight off the floor.

As she fix's herself in the mirror, I take my glasses off quickly to wipe them on my shirt, removing a few smudges before putting them back on.

"Can I just stay here tonight? Tell my parents I'm spending the night? I don't think I can act sober if I go home and have them ask me questions." She asks hopefully, and when I nod my head she smiles gratefully.

So an hour later after the movie is over, I'm cleaning up after my friends as they gather up their own things to head home.

"Guys, let me drive you, I'm serious." I tell Tyler and Olivia, and they both shake their heads.

"We won't have our cars in the morning to go to school." Liv tells me, and I purse my lips together in slight irritation.

"Okay. Then just stay here, I'm not letting you guys drive home drunk." I say, and they both agree, Liv and Shawn changing into a set of my pajamas, and Tyler in his boxers and t-shirt.

"Tyler, you sleep on the couch, and Liv and Shawn, we can all fit in my bed." I speak, but they are both already heading up the stairs to do just that.

"The perks of having a king sized bed!" Liv exclaims, although her eyes are droopy and her movements are slow, and her blonde hair is a mess.

Shawn is more sober than the two of them, so she puts her hand on her back to lead her upstairs safely. Tyler is already passed out when I look to him, and I spend at least an hour putting my house back in order before climbing the stairs to go to bed.