43.

~I can handle it, I can handle anything if it's all for you~ Tyler Gregson

Song of the chapter- Beside you by 5 seconds of summer

Josephine-

When I open my eyes nothing I see is familiar to me right away. I momentarily flip out, sitting up on whatever I was lying down on, until I actually hit my head on something hard, a groan falling past my lips.

"Woah, Joey." It's Tyler's voice I hear, and when I finally take a look around while rubbing my forehead where I'd smacked it, I see I'm in his truck. And that I hit my head on the handle near the window.

"What....." I trail off.

My shoes are on the floor below the passengers seat, my head pounding, my blue shirt discarded near my shoes as well. I instantly pick it up, forearm covering my bra, cheeks heated as I put the clothing back on.

"How could...." I trail off, hands tightening into fists as I turn to Tyler.

"Jo, I swear nothing happened!" He instantly defends.

"Then why was my shirt off?" I ask, even though if something did happen, it would be my fault as much as his.

"I was sleeping, just like you, don't ask me. Maybe you got hot, I don't know. You seem to strip when you're drunk anyways." He tries to crack a joke, but all it does is remind me of Harry and the time he took care of me.

"I didn't want to drive while drunk, so I thought we could just rest it off for a while." He tells me, and it actually make sense. I know I would've scolded him if he actually drove while intoxicated.

When I see the time on the dashboard and it's two in the morning, my head falls back against the seat as I sigh. I can't go home, not like this, and definitely not this late. My parents know I was going out with Shawn and Liv, so they probably just assume I am staying the night at one of their houses.

"You can stay at my house." Tyler says as if reading my mind. I bite the inside of my cheek and look out my window, debating on whether or not one of the girls will still be inside the house so I can go with them instead. But I know they are most likely gone by now.

"I can't..." I trail off.

"Why do things have to change between us just because of him? It's my couch Jo, not my bed." Tyler almost snaps, making me look over to him.

I tighten my jaw, seeing I have no other choice, really.

"Whatever." I mutter.

We drive to his house in silence, and I no longer feel a happy buzz or a complete drunkened state where I can't feel a thing. I feel irritated and sick, and I once again remind myself why I never used to drink. I rest my head back and close my eyes, only opening them when Tyler tells me we are at his house. I stumble out of his truck just as I always do in Harrys.

Tyler offers me his arm when we begin to walk up the steps to his house, and we both offer one another an apologetic smile as I link my arm through his, grateful for the support as I clamber up the steps. We both laugh as I almost fall, and without thinking I lean my head against his shoulder, exhausted with and sorry about the way we've been ignoring each other.

But when I realize just what I'm doing I clear my throat and lift my head up, keeping our arms linked but distancing the space between us so our hips no longer touch.

"You know," Tyler starts as he unlocks his front door, "We can still be friends, even though Harry is in the picture. I would still hang out with you if I had a girlfriend." He tells me.