49.

Song of the chapter- I'll be good by Jaymes Young

~"He's very pretty," said Woolsey. "For a human." "He's very broken," said Magnus. "Like a lovely vase that someone has smashed. Only luck and skill can put it back together the way it was before~ Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Harry-

The first thing I sense when I wake up, eyes still closed, is a sweet scent that's very familiar to me. I let my tired eyes open and run my palm across the silky white sheet of Joey's bed I still lie on. That sweet scent is the smell of her, even though I can never quite pinpoint exactly what it is. I just recognize it as her.

I breathe out deep from my nose as I sit up, seeking Joey out but not seeing her in the bedroom. So after listening for her upstairs when walking out of her bedroom, I decide she wandered downstairs while I was sleeping.

When descending the stairs I see Joey's dog Teagan, knowing this is where Joey is since the dog follows her everywhere.

"Jo?" I call out.

The living room is empty and I grow confused when the kitchen is the same. I wander over to the other part of her house that I've never been in before, a nice dining room with breakable glass everywhere.

I almost start to get nervous for not finding her until I hear a faint sound, straining my ears to listen some more. A smile grows on my lips when I place that distant sound as piano, turning in a circle in the room until I found a door cracked open only a little bit.

It creaks when I open it, but the sound of the music cloaks it easily. There is stairs that lead down into what I'm guessing is the basement, and the music becomes louder and louder the further down I go. It's very pretty actually, what she's playing. As good as I expected her to be with how much time she takes with everything.

There's a black piano in my eyesight once I get to the bottom of the stairs to my right. Joeys hair is pulled out of her face into a bun atop her head, and there's a little furrow to her brows as she concentrates on what she's playing. When I take the last step down off of the stairs, the music stops abruptly as she sees my movement, a breath being released loudly.

"God, you scared me." She sighs, the tiniest of a smile appearing, eyes flicking up to me as she shuts the cover to the keys on the piano.

"No, don't do that." I say, walking over to where she sits, taking a seat right next to her.

"I thought you were going to be asleep for a while, with how tired you were." She says quietly since I'm so close, and I can hear a bit of disappointment in her voice, since my sleepiness had overtook what we had started on that bed before I fell asleep.

I rest a hand on her knee and squeeze, making her jerk it away from me with a glare along with it. I pat it before trying to lift the cover of the piano keys again.

"Harry." She laughs, pushing my hands away from it.

"Let me hear it." I say.

"You just did." She laughs while I gather both of her hands in one of mine and push them onto her lap, the other pushing the cover up now.

"Please." I tell her, her brown eyes rolling in irritation.

When I press my lips to hers in a sudden kiss to persuade her, a content breath is released against my mouth from hers.

"Play something for me." My lips touch hers as I say this, her lips skimming mine in a lingering peck.

"Fine." She grumbles.