Ch. 4: Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time- Panic at the Disco

"Bar to bar at the speed of sound, Fancy feet dancing through this town."

---

"So I'm picking you up at Lauren's house at 7:30, right?" Alice's asks me right before English started. She stands in front of me while I sat in my seat.

I was tossing and turning all night last night. I didn't think I could genuinely pull it off. This was it; this was the time to back out. The only reason I said that I was going was to make a point to Jake that I had a "life."

What should the excuse be? Hm... Getting sick? Babysitting? Family dinner?

Right before I open my mouth, I hear Jake laugh with no enthusiasm. He stares at me with those stupid shades." Don't even try asking her, Alice. She's not going."

Is he a mind reader or something?

"And how do you know that?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Because sunshine, you only said that so you wouldn't sound like a loser." He leans closer to me.

"Well, that's where you're wrong." I lean in closer as well." Why would I say I'm going to Dawson's party and not actually go?"

He was completely right, and it scared me how he was.

He stares down at my lips as I can see his eyes finally for a second time through the bright lights in the classroom. He shakes his head and sits back in his seat.

I look back at Alice to only see her smile brightly; she winks to me."What?" I ask her.

"Nothing." She says while her smile still grows. "So I'm picking you up right?"

I glance at Jake. I can see his amusement behind his glasses. I look back at her. "Yes."

"Great." She trots back to her seat proudly.

"Looks like I was wrong," Jake says lowly.

"I guess you were," I mumble back as Mr. Davidson starts his lecture.

***

"Do I really have to wear this." I cringe at the length of the dress that Lauren handed to me. I was at Lauren's house. We got ready for the party that would start. The dress had boob cutouts that were really prominent.

"Yes, Dawn!" She yells at my complaints. I've been complaining all day it seemed. "Now go in the bathroom and put it on."

I rolled my eyes at her as I trudge towards her bathroom.

"Do not roll your eyes at me, young lady." She says in a semi-fake stern voice.

I shake my head at her with a shut to the door. I put my back to the door, facing the bathroom mirror. How in the hell am I going to pull this off? I shake my head at my idiocy of going into this party in the first place. I should have never agreed. Better yet, Lauren should have never told me about it. But here I was making a complete full of myself, trying to wear this dress.

I pull the dress on myself, and  I realized the cups of the bra was a bit too big for me. I didn't even know how Lauren pulled this one off; her boobs were my size. Yes, my boobs were not significant, and they will never grow sadly I don't think. I turned sideways and saw it was a bit different on the end. My ass looked big.