Ch. 60: Noise

Noise: By The Neighbourhood

"Realized I'm living in hell when I was given the news. Why'd you let the evil win? How'd you let him sell it to you?"

Warning: These upcoming chapters will be sensitive...

TW: talks of rape & eluded SA

--

I didn't know how I knew the streets of The Underground. I didn't know how.

I've been here once, and yet I feel my hands turn the wheel to my endings. I didn't need that stupid address from Ledger.

The last time it was dark out, and yet the brightness still from the light out doesn't help the darkness I feel on the inside, or the dark tunnel I drive through to the Underground.

Last time I was here, I was trying to prevent Jake from fighting, but he did it anyways. Risking his life for his own reasons I still haven't uncovered. This place was the start of our first undoing, and it'll be our last.

Because we weren't carful.

We were never carful.

I'm being followed. Followed to the depths of my endings. One black car follows close behind, as I feel myself break further into my body. What's happened to Jake? My Jake.

I feel so fucked up in the head right now; it's kind of hard to keep up what's more important right now. The fact that I've pushed my parents behind Jake, has proven to me that Jake has me wrapped around like a vise. Anything involving him, I come hollaring. There's a chance he might already be dead, but as that thought slams into my brain; it makes me swerve out of focus of the tunnel. Once I reach the end of the tunnel, I park. Stepping out of the car; I wait for the men behind me to lead me to The Underground.

"We almost thought you were going to crash." JC laughs, slamming his car shut.

I turn to him. "We trusted you." I grit out.

With that, I receive a sharp slap across my face. The metal bars on his fingers, imprinting a rough mark across my face. I instantly feel myself turn red in an embarrassment because I would slap him back, but I know he'd hurt harder.

"Watch your mouth, girl." JC pushes my chin to him. "I have no fucking idea why you have that fucked up thought of yours. You understand me?" His grips my chin tighter.

All for show. I have to repeat to myself. There has to be cameras here, and I'm dumb enough to out him to his brother. "Conrad, I thought we were friends." Playing dumb isn't always fun because all I want to do is scream at him.

"Cut the crap." He whispers to me. "You've lost already." He pushes me to the gravel, and my knees scrape, causing my knees to bleed.

"Sir, you don't want her too banged up before the king; he'd be upset-" Grayson starts.

"What the fuck did you just say?" JC interrupts.

Grayson stay silently. "Nothing, sir."

"Good." He nods to me now. "Get her up." He walks ahead to The Underground.

Grayson and Tame "help" me up, my scared exterior changes into a glare when they latch their arms into mine. "Alice will hate you because of this." I try anything to make them feel guilty.

"Alice isn't here, is she?" Tame answers. "She's banned anyways."

"Why?"

"Shut up." JC turns back. We reach the door after a few minutes of walking under the empty underground parking lot. JC knocks a series of numbers, and a brooding man comes stepping out. "Hello, sir."