Ch. 45: Daddy Issues

Daddy Issues- The Neighbourhood

"Go ahead cry little girl, nobody like you do."

-

One last day. One last day of lingering glances. The touches that are in secret from the outside world. How I held up this long was in a miracle in itself.

I leaned against his car that day. It was after school, and we got out early because of thanksgiving vacation. At 12:00.

I saw him before he saw me, his eyes stayed to the ground that Friday. But he knew I was there. He walks straight towards me, leaving an inch of room between us. I was expecting a hello, or maybe even a hug. Instead, without giving me a chance; he tilts my head up towards him and kisses me full on the lips catching me off guard completely. His hands grasp for the back of my neck forcing me forward to him.

All too soon he pulls back hastily, with a sly smirk rising from his lips, one of hands grasp my hips falling down to my butt. He hums in content.

"We are in public." I whisper yell to him, grasping his large hands to scoop them up around my waist.

"I've waited too long." He pecks me this time, but it's all the same feeling.

"What do you want to do now?" I ask, still not really sure where we are yet.

He sighs heavenly, but he holds his tongue. "There's so much to tell you."

"Tell me." I almost laugh to him.

"Love, I would-"

"Love?" I interrupt him with this new endearment. I recall him calling me love before, but I can't pinpoint it then as of now.

"What?" A smug smile appears once more. "You like baby, babe, bae?" He spews out more nicknames. I cringe at bae.

"No- it's just..." I look down at his chest that are almost touching mine.

"Hm?" He cups my cheeks towards him.

"I never thought you'd call me that."

"Do you not want me to call you that?" Doubt spreads across his voice.

"No, no. I do. It's just- I'm going to shut up now." I laugh to myself.

He laughs too, and it's so beautiful hearing.

I hadn't noticed it, but a crowd has showered the parking lot towards their cars.

It was different though. No one stopped and stared or pointed. No one called me names, it was almost normal in a sense to see Jake and I wrapped around each other.

"It's going to be hard, I know."

"What?" I ask.

"Dealing with me." It's almost as if he has doubt in himself, not in us but him.

So I just say what is only the truth. "Shut the fuck up."

He cracks another smile, capturing my lips within his. It feels too long. From our previous kiss, it feels like I hadn't felt his lips in years. But the usual fire spews insides both.

We somehow got in his car, driving me home for the day. We were going to eat out for food, but I just remembered I had an essay to drop box by four o'clock today, and I was only half way done.

As usual, both of his hands were on the wheel, but every once in a while he'd give me a slide glance with a smile. Making my cheeks turn up.

Frank Ocean was playing in his car, and it felt like the credits were going to play after. After so much hurry and rush for the finish line to have an actual relationship, here we were. Together.