#2. The Mirror's Image / Chapter 2

Cheer was as usual, but being captain made it so much harder. The big game put on so much pressure and we needed to be flawless if the team was going to win state!

By the time I got home it was a little over eight o' clock, and I was ready to pass out from exhaustion! I didn't bother to touch the loads of homework that I was assigned.

I did my usual routine before bed. I'd first take off my clothes, slip into the bathroom (I have my own bathroom), and then I'd start to brush my teeth, take off all my makeup, and apply some Proactiv (which worked to perfection).

I stepped out of the bathroom and began to look at myself naked in the bedroom's rare antique mirror.

My breasts were nicely shaped and flashed in front of the mirror like a gem, even though they weren't big enough. Tony had promised me when I turned 18 he would take me to get breast implants as a birthday present. Getting it on with Tony was fun and all, but he always commented that I should be skinnier and that my breasts were not big enough for him, which sometimes killed the mood during sex for me.

But I was a whopping 120 pounds! And in the eyes of many girls I seemed to have the perfect body, but if I were to be a model, I knew I would need to drop even more weight.

Wednesday nights were always a bore, so as I was getting into bed I decided to put on some music and just chill.

I grabbed my speakers and attached it to my phone. I clicked on Pandora and continued onto Today's Hits. As I skipped the first song, I heard something behind me. I instinctively turned around and found nothing but my reflection in the mirror.

No one was home, so I was rather suspicious. My parents and little brother were out on a cruise, (I refused to go because I wanted to stay for the big game). So I knew that it was impossible for someone to be home.

Speaking about Mom and Dad, they really didn't seem to care about what I did. They were your typical parents who worked all day and would come home by the time you fell asleep, and leave before you could wake up. So I rarely got to see them, and when I did half the time, they would just scold me.

My little brother who was in 7th grade was a huge nerd, even winning the regional science fair! Sometimes I even questioned if he was adopted because we were nothing alike!

With my parents here's how it went; I would receive an allowance of $400 a month, and in return, I'd stay out of their way and be home by midnight. Some would say that parents should be more involved with their kid's lives, but I didn't see a reason for them to get all up in my business and vice versa.

Soon after a couple of songs, I grew tired and decided it was time to go to bed. As I turned off the light, I wondered how the state's game would play out on Friday. I ended up dreaming about Tony and me...

Out of nowhere I was thrust back into reality, and jolted up when I heard a loud BOOM! I woke up in a panic and realized that a horrible thunderstorm was brewing!

"Shit!" I looked over to see that the window was wide open! Water and wind were pouring in, getting all over my floor and walk-in closet!

I ran to the window and began to close it when ZAP! Lightning hit me, and I fell back into the mirror!

As my back hit the glass, I could feel shards cutting through my skin like tiny pincers! I yelped in pain and started to feel blood trickle down my leg. I limped away from the broken glass and went into the corner. There was a nasty smell coming from the mirror.

It smelled like old perfume and sweaty gym socks and was starting to spew green gas everywhere! I crawled over to my nightstand in fear, as I saw it now taking the form of an old lady!