#2. The Mirror's Image / Chapter 7

I knew that there wasn't much time left before the cops would catch me. As all of us hopped into the car I told Paul to step on it, and to get there as fast as he could!

"What's the rush Amanda?"

"I just need to get ready backstage - that's all..."

"Well jeez your acting like your life's on the line!"

There was a silence, "Is it that time of the month Amanda?"

"No!" I punched Paul in the back of the head and Alicia laughed. "Just drive fucktard!"

I was so stressed, and in comfort I sank my head into the back seat of Paul's pick up truck and began to take some deep breaths.

When we pulled up to the high school, I rushed into the girl's bathroom and locked the door as I checked under the stalls like I had done before. I opened the envelope, and out came Jasmine who looked very distraught. "What's wrong child?"

"Oh God, it's terrible! The cops are after me and Tony's paralyzed! I ruined everything!" I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Child you still have one wish! Use it wisely!"

As tears cascaded down my flawless cheeks, I looked into the mirror and realized that my makeup was starting to come off. And then it hit me!

"WAIT! I have a brilliant idea! I know what I want for my third and final wish! I want you to make me so beautiful, that I'd have the power to heal any situation I'm put in! So immaculate that I'd never get in trouble with the law, or ever get hurt or physically age! I would be set for life! Everything would go according to my command! This would fix Tony, clear things up with the cops, and on top of that make me more of a star!"

"As you command Master Amanda. Your final wish is for you to have the power to heal anything you choose with your newfound beauty?"

"Right."

"Well then thank you for setting me free from this terrible curse. I hope my services have satisfied you, and that you have found everything that you so deeply yearn. Just one more thing though."

"Sure what is it?" I asked.

"Make sure after I leave, burn the envelope with the letter in it to rid away the witch's curse for good! I wish the best of luck to you and your new life, and may God be on your side child..." Jasmine snapped her fingers and all of a sudden she began to breathe very heavily, until she started to asphyxiate and shift out of her ghost form, coughing and laughing and wheezing like a maniac! "Freeeeee I'm freeeee..." She screamed in joy as she disappeared into a spirituous fog of green gas that covered up the room.

I began to shoo and wave away the green gas to look at myself in the mirror. And once I caught a glimpse, I almost fainted! I was drop-dead gorgeous! I was perfect! Everything I ever wanted in life was now in my power! As I was caught looking into my flawless reflection I heard banging from outside on the door...

"Amanda! Are you in there? And why's the door locked?" I heard Alicia question from outside the hall.

I snapped out of my daze, and came back to reality and replied, "Oh-ummm... yes, I am just putting on my dress. I'll be out in a minute!"

As I did so, I looked so stunningly elegant I got lost in my stare again! But then I remembered what Jasmine had told me to do. So I grabbed my lighter from my side pocket of my backpack, and ignited it while grabbing the envelope.

But something wasn't right, it felt a little light. And as I ran my fingers into it, I realized that the letter was missing!

I dropped the lighter in shock, and began to pace in fear. Where could it be?