Part 12

I placed the white coat around my body and slipped my arms into the sleeves as I watched myself in the mirror. My door opened and I watched Jihoo walk up behind me and wrap his arms around me. "Good morning, Doctor Kim" I smiled as a small amount of blush crept on to my face. "Good morning Doctor Yoon" I replied. "Breakfast is on the table, let's eat then go" Jihoo released me then walked out of my room. I took one last look at myself in the mirror then walked out of the bathroom to the kitchen.

I stayed by Grandfather's side at the clinic, I watched him so I could know how this clinic runs. He let me take care of a few patients and monitored me, giving me advice. "Thank you for coming by, I hope you feel better!" I waved to the patient before walking back into the office with Grandfather. "You're a good doctor, Cho, most people have to train here for 3 weeks before they can take care of anyone properly." He smiled sitting at his desk. "Thank you sir, I've always been told I'm a fast learner, that's why I skipped a few grades in school." I smiled and sat down in an arm chair. "Cho, do you like my grandson?" He asked suddenly causing me to become flustered. "Yes sir, very much so" I blushed. "Please take good care of him, I'm old and I don't want him to be alone after I'm gone.... that's the last thing he needs" grandfather said. "Aish! Don't say that! You're in good health, you aren't going to pass on any time soon" I smiled. "Grandpa, are we ready to lock up?" Jandi asked cheerfully. "Yes we are, please notify Jihoo that it's time to leave, you know how he is when he gets focused." Grandfather said. I got up and walked to Jihoo's office with Jandi and opened the door. Inside, sat at his desk was Jihoo, writing reports. I admired how his hand held the pen and glided across the paper, a few strands of hair in his face as he focused on his work. "Sunbae, it's time to close up" Jandi called out to him. "One second, I need to finish this report" he said continuing writing. After a moment the pen hit the desk and Jihoo got up. "Let's go" he said walking to me and placing an arm around my waist.

"So how did you enjoy your first day?" Jihoo asked as him and I walked down the road together. "It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. The little boy who found out he was going to be a big brother made my day, he was so happy and adorable" I smiled as we walked. "Want some ice cream to celebrate?" Jihoo asked me pointing to an ice cream stand. "Yes! Get me what ever sounds good, I'll wait on the bench, my feet slightly hurt" I said sitting down. "Alright, I'll be back" Jihoo smiled and walked to the stand. I watched him with a smile on my face. The wind blew and suddenly a hand covered my mouth while another grabbed my wrists. I tried to scream but the hand muffled me. "Screaming won't help, let's go" the man said trying to pull me. Another man ran to us and picked up my feet, and held them so I couldn't kick. I tried moving as much as I could but it was no use, the two men carried me to a car and threw me in. For a moment my mouth was uncovered. "Jihoo!!!" I screamed out the car gaining his attention. Jihoo ran from the stand chasing the car. The car I was in sped off and the two men held me down. "Jihoo..." I felt my eyes fill with tears. "Shut up girl" one of the men snapped. A cloth was held to my face and the scent knocked me out.