Part 18

The bus ride wasn't too long, but long enough to let me think back on all the memories I had with f4, Gaeul, and Jandi. The bus pulled to a halt and the driver opened the door. I got up, grabbed my bags and walked towards the door. "Listen kid, after all of my experience, if it's that hard to leave, think about is it worth it or not. If it's not worth the pain of being away, you know where to find the bus terminal" the driver said with a smile at the end. I nodded and gave him a thank you before stepping off the bus.

I found my new apartment and walked inside. Just a bathroom, a small bedroom, and a small living room, a basic bare minimum, but it's all I can afford. I unpacked my few bags and set them in the corner then pulled out a local newspaper I got from the bus terminal and began job hunting.

Many of the places I applied ended with a "no" or "I don't think you're right for the position". Everywhere I turned seemed like no one wanted me. I stopped into a small ramen restaurant for lunch. "Can I get beef ramen and green tea?" I asked sitting down. "Sure thing sweetie" an elderly woman behind the counter said. I set my newspaper next to me and crossed off the last place that denied me. "What am I going to to?" I rested my chin in my hands and sighed. "What's wrong young one?" The woman asked setting my ramen and tea in front of me. "I can't find a job" I said picking up my chopsticks. "Are you willing to work anywhere?" The woman asked. "Yes ma'am, I really just need enough money to pay for my apartment and food" I said honestly. "Well how about you comeback here tomorrow and I can get you a job?" She smiled brightly. "For real? Thank you ma'am!" I bowed politely. "It's no problem." She said then went to attend another customer. My eyes glanced up to a tv broadcasting the news. "KYL enterprises is steadily dropping in income, at this rate the company should go bankrupt in less than a year!" The broadcaster said. I rolled my eyes and ate my ramen. "I told that woman she was going to lose everything" I mumbled through my noodles.