Chapter Six- A Fainting Spell

Josie sat at the window and looked out as Kye and Kimmy raced on the courtyard. Glaring at Sinclair, who was sitting at the desk doing paperwork, Josie sighed loudly and crossed her arms.

"Why don't you have a television here?"

"We're not barbaric; we have televisions. There are three, one on each floor in the common room." He said without looking up from his paperwork. Josie rolled her eyes.

"And you can't do your work in the common room because...?"

"The youth spend their time in there; it's distracting and unprofessional," Sinclair stated plainly without looking up from his work. Josie just continued to stare at him, too socially awkward to verbalize her desire to leave the confounds of this bedroom seeing as she was the one who requested to be put in there. She just wanted to wallow in her misery for a few moments, but Sinclair insisted on staying by her side. Was it so hard for a girl to cry alone? Now she had managed to lock herself in an internet-free room.

"Why are you staring at me, little doe?" Sinclair asked and sighed. He placed his pen down and looked up at her.

Josie quickly looked away and grumbled meek, "I wasn't staring" under her breath. Sinclair adjusted his chair, so he was fully facing her.

"Is there something you'd like to say to me?"

Josie looked everywhere but at Sinclair. She played with the fabric of her shirt, the ends of her hair, the material of the chair she was plopped on.

"Answer me little doe." Sinclair firmly stated and rose, "When I ask a question I expect a response. And don't bother lying to me, I can hear your heartbeat skipping."

Josie swallowed her nerves and cleared her throat, "I'm being held prisoner by a man who expects me to be his mate in a building with almost no internet connection with no idea where my father is, and my iron levels are surely dropping to alarming levels by now." Josie stated and blinked at him. "What could I possibly have to say to you?"

Sinclair gave a hopeless breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Little doe-"

"Josie," She firmly corrected but saw the look in his eyes and cleared her throat. "U-Um, little doe works too."

"You are here for your own safety," He said. "If you were far away my beast would go mad. He would tear down anything and everything that got in my way till you were in my arms again. He'd be far more possessive once you were in my arms again."

Josie sighed and tucked her legs underneath her as she made herself comfortable as she looked out the window again and pouted. There was a quick knock on the door and before anyone could answer it was opened and Fin entered. He bowed respectfully towards Sinclair before plopping down on the bed.

"Boone's looking for you, says he's ready for departure."

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes," Sinclair said as he slid his papers back into a neat pile and rose. "You will be staying with Fin for the next few hours."

"Where are you going?" Josie asked without rising from her seat. Sinclair approached her before leaning down to press a kiss on her cheek. Josie blushed as she watched him depart, not answering her question.

Looking at Fin, Josie shrugged.

The palace of the Blood Born was deep in the crevices of a cave far away in the mountains of Russia. The underground prestigious city of the Citadel was filled with blood thirsty sharks. The Dutchess, lords, and ladies were eagerly looking for a sign of weakness in the men and women around them. The gossip was vicious, the lies were vividly fabricated, the rumors as eternal as the lives of the Vampyrs who spewed it.