Chapter Ten- Temple of Shes

Lots of people are calling my baby Josie a bitch for not being accepting of Sinclair. Please, imagine being kidnapped by a barbaric man you've never met. Imagine losing your father (or whoever your parental role-model is) and having no clue if he's alive or dead. Imagine finding out you aren't what you were raised to be because your dead mom kept it a secret and your birth family is fucking crazy and has blue hair. Imagine never leaving the confounds of your home in the entire twenty-one years of your life. Give Josie a break okay? If she just fell for him because he had some charms then it would be Stockholm Syndrome.

So calm down. I'm sure you guys would be all peaches and pies if that all happened to you. I'm getting kinda frustrated with all the complaints. If you don't like the book or the character you can find something else to read. Just saying.

---

The Temple of Shes. The myth behind the large building was one of gods and goddesses. Nike, the goddess of Justice had been raped by Zeus. They bore a child, but in jealousy, Hera killed the child to punish the goddess. Nike, who mourned the loss of her child, in return gave her own curse to Hera. She was to feel the pain and guilt of her actions. Realizing how her actions have been directed to the wrong women Hera made a refuge for females looking for refuge from the wrath of men and gods alike. She created the Temple of Shes where women flocked to in order to hide from oppressive mates, cruel fathers, greedy uncles, and evil assassins. And there they have peacefully resided for millenniums.

Josie woke up on a bed in a warm room lit by candles. Phoenix was chatting with a woman in a chiton toga made of a dark black fabric. The woman had light, pale skin with ink black hair. Directly next to her, arms wrapped around one another was another female with extremely short black hair, dark black skin, light blue lipstick, and a light pink toga. Their makeup was elegant, glitter radiated off both.

"Look, Nykos, this girl has an overbearing Wolf Shifter mate. Her grandpa has sent out assassins to kill her, her grandma died, her father is missing. I know you have room, this place is the freaking Tardis little on the outside fucking never-ending on the inside. What's your deal?"

"I have a sense about her, I can smell her darkness."

"Oh Nykos stop being so doom and gloom. That poor girl needs to feel safe." The woman said with exhaustion.

"Luma, she's awake." Nykos pointed out and Luma turned her head with a grin.

"Oh my, look who is back from the dead. Josephine is it? My name is Luma and my wife and I are in charge of this building. I welcome you with all my heart." The woman said and smiled. Josie gulped nervously.

"I-I... I'm sorry, b-but I'm a little confused right now." Josie nervously said as her anxiety rose. She was in a room filled with unfamiliar women.

"You had a cerebral hemorrhage in your frontal lobe, your spine was fractured, but you kept healing all wrong so you were having severe nerve damage. Don't worry about that though I broke your spine again and a doctor set it up right. But anyway, you should be a little bit more than confused. You should be completely disorientated." Phoenix said with huff and crossed her arms, "Is there a reason you didn't tell anyone you were bleeding out? I mean seriously, these shoes are not made for carrying you through the forest."

Josie looked at Phoenix's shoes with a raised eyebrow, completely unscratched, unscuffed, Josie was confused. Phoenix saw the Josie's expression and huffed.

"Okay so I'm talented in heels. That's not the point. The point is... has your hair always been blue?" Phoenix cocked her head and Josie felt uncomfortable around the unstable woman. She offered a 'no' to be polite. Turning to the two women Josie cleared her throat.