Chapte Eight- The Bluebells

Josie woke up in a soft and comfortable bed. It felt like she was floating in the ocean like she was in the air. She could sleep like this forever. The sheets on her skin felt like feathers; they were so soft. God, was she even alive? This was paradise.

Peeking open an eye, Josephine looked around. She was in a bedroom. How had she gotten here?

The Valkyrie... she'd passed out once they soared high above the trees. Josie made the mistake of looking down.

The room was gorgeous. The walls were, predictably, a vibrant blue. Bluebells were growing in every corner, and the ground was made of soft, smooth, live grass. There seemed to be a cooling breeze that wafted through.

Rising, Josie looked out the open window and gasped. She was in another fucking castle.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me! Josie wanted to shout. Did no one own a freaking house? Were Legends unable to buy just a simple four bedroom, two bathrooms, average-size home?

It was a beautiful sunny courtyard she saw. And it seemed like beautiful flowers grew everywhere. The place was fresh-smelling like the entire house was made of a bouquet of flowers.

Josephine gasped loudly as she noticed she'd been sleeping on clouds. Literally. The bed was a literal cloud. It was white and fluffy and was so comfortable.

"A Nephelae Priestess gave it as a gift to me many centuries ago." A woman said softly, and Josie spun quickly, frightened by the sudden intrusion. A woman stood in the doorway with blue hair pulled from her face in a French twist. She looked about Josie's age physically, but her eyes held an ancient look to them.

"I... oh." Was all Josie could muster up as a response. She took three steps backward carefully as she eyed her kidnapper.

"You look just like her," The woman said and smiled sadly. "It is almost eerie."

"Um... who are you?" Josie asked nervously and fiddled with the locket that hadn't been removed from her neck. The woman glided through the room with god-like grace. She wore a white business vest and matching skirt. She looked like a prestigious lady.

"My name is Alora Bluebell; my daughter was Gardenia, your mother." The woman said and stood before Josie while assessing her carefully.

"Wait, you're my grandma?" Josie asked with disbelief, "You... um... you don't look a day over twenty-five." The woman looked smugly happy as the two stared at one another for a while. Josie rubbed her arms and looked around, "Am I a prisoner?"

"What? Oh by Hyacinthoides non-scripta! You're my little bluebud, my only granddaughter. I wanted to meet you." Alora shouted, and Josie wanted to check the woman into a psych ward. What the hell was Hyacinthoides non-scripta? The woman moved to the door, "Follow me."

"Why didn't you contact Sinclair? Why didn't you just ask to meet me? You hired these warriors, and they hurt a lot of people. They hurt my friend." Josie ignored the order, not moving. Alora looked over her shoulder and huffed.

"Oh, the Valkyrie are always so rash. They are born and bred to be so harsh and terrible. But don't you worry I gave strict instructions do not kill." The woman said and gave a small smile, "They never break their contracts as you know so your friend will be all right."

Josephine straightened her shoulders and gave Alora an odd look, "I... I don't know what the Valkyrie are."

"I do not quite see the humor in that joke darling," Alora responded and looked at Josephine's look of pure honesty with shock. "Heaven's child did your father teach you nothing of your nature?"

"I didn't know what I was until a few days ago when my hair turned blue, and glitter was coming out of every nook and crevis." Josie said, "So help me please."