1- Kyle

Dear no one,

I saw her today. I see her everyday but today was the day I saw her for the first time and didn't think she was just like every other girl at Crestwood High. Her makeup was smudged and her hair shamelessly wild, and in that moment, I didn't hate her, and I hate myself because of it.
- Kyle Everestt-

"Duuude, so you mean to tell me, you would never go for Kingston?" Tyler, my most idiotic friend asks me for the third time of the day, which he's been doing since I met in him 6th grade when I confessed to him my undying hatred for her.

We sit down at our so-called popular table and I flicked my eyes to Olivia Kingston's face a few tables away and I'm hit straight in the chest with a surge of emotions, that I often recognize as colors, and there all blaring an ugly red. Hate, anger, betrayal, if I cared enough the list would go on and on.

I truthfully hate her.
I hate her curly dark brown hair and big brown eyes, those pink lips and naturally glowing skin, her perfectly placed freckles that are splattered on her face like art.
Just everything about her, the way she obviously doesn't care about what she wears but she still manages to look better than everyone at this school. And if she was a stranger; if I didn't know what I did about her, I would probably end up falling in love with her. But that isn't the case. In fact its the exact opposite.

"Nope I hate her Tyler, always have always will, and that's never going to change." I'm unable to control the distaste that seeks through my voice at the mention of her name and he and a few of my friends reel back in their chairs in shock.

"Woah bro, just relax. I know you don't like her and everything but look at her," he pauses and I do just what he says. But the feeling of hatred only grows thicker.
"You cannot just look at Olivia Kingston and say you wouldn't hit it if you had the chance," Ryan, the quarterback on our school's football team and one of my good friends says and the rest of the guys at our table hoot and holler in agreement in the exception of me, and the cheerleader's.

"Whatever, like look at what she's wearing. Does she actually think she'll be the next SCL looking like that? Like who would vote for her, the teachers?" Becky asks more to herself than anyone but all of her friends burst into a fit of giggles.

Usually, I would have made some witty agreement about how she's a total waste and doesn't even worth being discussed, but my entire body froze up at the mention of SCL, standing for School Committee Leader.

"Wait what? I thought I was the only one still in the running for SCL," I say in a quick rush. Believe it or not, SCL is a huge deal around Crestwood High, it allows you to make a lot of decisions around our school, not to mention its a huge honor to have on a college application, and I thought I made sure that no one else was even thinking about running. Becky grins obviously happy that I'm getting all worked up, and nods. "She was nominated by the principle to run, she didn't volunteer but that still automatically puts her in the running, unless of course, you find a way to make her somehow withdraw that is." There's mischief in her words and my heart hammers in my chest but I manage to pull off a menacing smirk.

"Well, I have been waiting for the perfect time to use that explosive glue bomb."

//
Does anyone even use wattpad anymore?
If so
Vote
Comment
Share