somebody else (high)

Oh, our love has gone cold...

-=+=-

The evening was humid with the sun lurking around the horizon. The air stuck to our skin as bees and cicadas fill the air. It was too sticky to enjoy the remaining sun before it hits the horizon, but we were waiting for Kageyama to show up in his rented van.

"Can you call Hinata again?" Tsukki flatly mutters once more as I check the time. The two are very late into picking us up. We were going to go pool jumping before Hinata suggested just going to an one of those model homes or something out more east. A pool all to ourselves in an unsold neighborhood.

"Alright, alright." I tilted his phone away from Tsukki to unlocked his phone: T-S-U-K-K-I.

"YAMS! We're on our way. We ended up buying lots of drinks. And snacks!! We got some cool gummies. There like... hm... I don't know. They're fricking weird creatures. Then we got some dinosaur cookies-" Hinata continued to blast through the phone without letting me even take a breath. "Oh! We see you."

I look to my right to see a red van coming down the empty street. Soft buzzing of music mixed with the ringing of wings from all kinds of bugs.

Smack! "These goddamn mosquitoes." Tsukki grumbles before removing his hand from his arm to grab the hand of his girlfriend.

No matter how hard I try, she's there. She's holding his hand with a cherry lollipop being twirled around in her glossy pink lips. She's wearing a t-shirt of his tied up in the back to reveal some cut blue jean shorts. She's really pretty and nice and sweet, but she doesn't deserve him.

I look away from her to face the ground. My chest burns unbelievably yet it's all fimiliar. They've been together for a year. She's never been out of her way to sabotage anything.

"I'm glad to finally see them." She sighs as Tsukki chuckles the slightest.

I don't know why I am even here anymore.

The van arrives with the back seat floor full of various beer and liquor. "Hey, Yams, do you mind stacking those beers and holding them in the seat next to you? That way you have leg room." Kageyama suggest while lowering the volume.

"Yeah! No problem." I flutter to appease the group. I don't give a single fuck honestly. I don't know why I'm coming to just be destructive. I want to drink my sorrows away and maybe drown in the process.

Tsukki and his girlfriend sit in front of me, at least they aren't in the privacy of the back. It kills me that they give each other pleasure. I'm merely just a neighbor. Never anything more to Tsukki. Not any more at least.

My eyes burn against her the back of her head. My head throbs in sync with the blasting music. Her head tilts. A laugh merely escapes though the beats. Tsukki's cheeks blossom into various pinks. I can't differentiate their words between the music and the pulsing. My eyes can't bare close themselves against this view. Why can't I move on?

We get to the pool. The neighborhood is as silent as the love Tsukki's has for me. It's all dead.

I didn't bother to go swimming yet, so I help Kageyama with all the drinks and food. Hinata played his radio at the patio as the lovers .

~

I don't know what happened, but I'm on the roof with a bottle of marshmallow vodka. The screams of everyone in the pool echo throughout the neighborhood, and I volunteer to watch just to avoid the girl and my ex.

My eyes burn against the anger boiling underneath. My ears are ringing, but I continue to eagerly hear, "I miss you.

Take me back.

Forgive me."

Nothing is fucking real though.

I'm stuck on a roof, and I want to jump.

That's what I'm going to do. I take another swig of the agonizing drink before struggling to get up. I start to clumsily walk on the tiles to the edge.

"Yams?" Tsukki calls out. "What are you doing?"

"Jump!" Hinata screams.

My eyes settle on the pool below me. The intoxication is swallowing me whole, but I'd rather dive beneath the abyss to ever hear his voice again. I take all the air I could manage before bending my knees.

Jump jump jump

This jump will be the closest thing I could get to to jumping off a roof with no pool.

Before I knew it, the air was cold. My skin was burning. My eyes see blue.

I want to see his eyes once again.
I want to hear his voice.
I don't want to die.
I need forgiveness.

With that, I rise above the surface for the gasping of air. Cheers fill the air, and I feel good.

I think I can forgive him.

I think I can forgive us.

-=+=-

if you enjoyed, please vote!
thank u so much for reading all of these one-shots. I can't believe all the support you all give me.

we hit 6k!!

♡ I love you all so fucking much. ♡

comment and share your feels !