to go or to not go?

this might be an extra long chapter covering the two days before the ball. aaaand thank you so much all of you!! I cant  believe how friendly all of you are, you guys have been so kind, and I'm having so much fun talking to all of you.

TRIGGER WARNING there are gonna  be depressing things in this chapter

that being said, enjoy!!!!

I woke up not having an idea of where I am. all I remember is walking into my home. getting up I at least knew I was in a pillow pile. when I poked my head out of the giant pile I realized that I was not in my room, not in the living room but in the kitchen.... 'why do I never just wake up in my bed?' I sigh getting up only to realize that nothing woke me up, or at least I didn't think so. I finally fully emerged from the pile only to be interrupted by my phone. I sigh going to pick it up. looking at the screen I noticed that it wasn't the unknown number like I thought, it was a text from fresh. I opened the lock screen to read the message

F- hey, can you meet me at  the ice cream shop after school?

Y- sure!

I closed thee message only to notice something....there had been 10 calls from the unknown number. looking at the clock I was shocked. It was 5 in the morning. I woke up later then ever. panicking I went to get something to eat. I know that  I shouldn't be panicking, I still had a lot of time to do everything. I continued to panic despite this. after a while of running back and forth and getting everything done, I finally stopped to look at the time it was only 6 so all the rushing was not needed. with the rest of the time I just sat down and drew.

when I left my house I noticed that there was no one walking to school. maybe it was because of the ball. I continued to walk when I noticed that pj wasn't walking ether. It was starting to get nerve racking so I started to run. when I got to school I could finally see some of the other kids. after calming down I started walking to my first class. (please don't take note of the order of the classes I really don't keep track of the schedule) my first class was art.

when I got to the door of the classroom I noticed that there where not many students inside. walking threw the door I sat in the corner seat. something told me that this wasn't gonna be a normal day. after a little bit Ink finally showed up. was this because of the ball? it was actually kinda strange. usually the girls would be earlier then ever just to see ink, it had to be because of the ball. after getting it out of my head I finally started working.

when class was done I quickly just speed walked to the next class history. at least i don't have as much to do there since I already finished all the pages I really needed, hopefully. as I entered there where still not many people attending. I could still see alphys sitting there, so I went to sit next to her. when she noticed me she seemed nervous. "are you ok alph?" I tilted my head giving her a curious look. she kept avoiding eye contact, which I had at least learned how to do, not saying it was good, but I could at least keep eye contact for a couple of seconds. "yeahjustfinenothingswrongnothingatalleverythingsjustfine" (it says 'yeah just fine,nothings wrong, nothing at all, everything's just fine' btw)  she seemed to rush threw the sentence. I could be mistaken but... no there is no mistaking that, she was hiding something. I looked at her unimpressed, crossing my arms "O really? you sure?" "yep!!" she replied so fast you might think she was in a race. I decided that i was done teasing her and dropped it "okay if you say so" I could hear a faint sigh from her. I laughed a bit from how obvious she was being, she was such an innocent cinnamon roll. it was weird calling her that, after all, my friends use to call me that. that was way back when I made an effort to make friends. it actually felt kinda good to finally have a friend again. nightmare entered the class room and we took out our stuff. the class went by normally with only a few things off, most notably the lack of  students. I decided that I'd ask nightmare why when class was over. I looked around the classroom only to notice that not only was there pj staring at me but also that G guy, I quickly turned around and looked at my little doodles-well more like scribbles, I started righting over and over again 'there looking at me' I almost filled two pages before I decided to look back up. this time I avoided looking behind me. I ended up just looking to the sides. there where still less students then you would think. It may have something to do with how we really just had to do the rest of our homework, which consisted of reading and righting down what happens. I finally looked forward to where the teacher is. what I didn't expect is to catch a glimpse of him looking at me. then he started to turn purple. okay that was it, why was everybody looking at me!?!!?! did I do something worthwhile, because I'm sure I haven't. I sighed 'at least no ones talking to me' I didn't know if that was a relief or if that made it even worse. the bell rang, I was quite surprised, that passed quickly. remembering what I was gonna do I packed my stuff slowly and let everyone leave the classroom before I went up to nightmare. "u-um m-mister nightmare?" nightmare looked up at me and started to blush. why, at this point you weren't even sure it was blush, they would always turn a color when I was near them. maybe it was just some kind of sickness. "yes?" funny enough I felt most comfortable around nightmare of all the teachers. most likely do to how calm he always was. "I-I just w-wanted to ask i-if you k-knew w-why there are so few kids in school" I looked down grabbing my arm. " O well since the ball is in two days we decided that we where gonna have the two days before the ball more relaxed, most of them are most likely out shopping" I looked at him "wait, are they aloud to do that?" he chuckled "well yeah. that's kinda the point of having loose days, then the kids that don't wanna go can finish there homework" I looked at him like he was crazy, I mean they straight up let them skip. sure the ball was coming up, but they could just go after school!!! nightmare chuckled at the face I was making. "are. you. SERIOUS!!!!theycanleaveschoolevenwhentheyhaveenoughtimewhenschoolsoverwhywouldtheydothat!" I accidentally snapped at him, when I realized what I had done I quickly covered my mouth and looked away blushing. at first nightmare looked shocked, then he gave a knowing smile.