{02} real life,

__________________________
________________

I hate moving. I'm not the typical person who enjoys changes that much. Starting over does sound refreshing, but not every couple of months. It is the third time i've moved this year and boy, is it exhausting. That's how it feels to have parents with a constantly moving job, you have to be ready every seconds, who knows you're finally having a good day at school and they told you to pack up, cue to me on my last school.

But it does have its perks, you could start over every time you step your foot on the new city, leaving any bad thing on the last city. I'm still not the biggest fan of changes. But i can assure you, theres one thing that doesn't change, the school. The stares you got the minute you step your foot on the school. I kinda surprise how they know you're new on the school, i mean that much of the student on the school and you could know which one is new?

Why do i feel like something's gonna changed? I hate that feeling.

Tomorrow is my first day on Liberty High, i'm not lying when i say it was nerve-wreaking. But finger cross, everything is gonna be alright. Or at least make it decent until its time to move again.

I don't know where Jeff went, and i'm not sure if i wanted to find out. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have someone you're familiar with, but i'm not ready. I have a heavy weight on the thought of seeing him.

"Olivia!" My mom yelled to me from the kitchen, "Don't just stare the wall, come and help me unpack."

I groaned, and lift my body to the kitchen, "Mom, i rather have you tell me to fix the garden than doing these. These are exhausting." I said, but picked up the plate from the box anyway.

"I'd loved you to do that, but we don't have that big of a garden." She shrugged, "We can plant flowers to make it more... welcoming."

"You did that to every house we've been, but it still doesn't feel very welcoming, Mom." My mom sighed

"I'm sorry sweetheart." That's it. I don't expect a whole paragraph of how sorry my parents are for making me drop my whole life to move, but at least help me settle in. All they care and did was work. Sometimes it makes me wanted to scream, 'Hey! Yeah! You have a daughter here, that you always left to eat a cold pizza at night. Not very suitable for me.'

I guess every parents are different, and i couldn't blame them. They always think they're doing what's best.

"Hey kiddo!" A deep manly voice of my dad called out.  The second after that, a hand comes and ruffles my hair.

"Dad!" I groaned, "I'm hungry, don't mess with me."

My dad laughs, "Thankfully i have a telepathic energy, and i already called the Chinese Restaurant. Sounds good?"

"Sounds amazing." I answered, my mouth almost watered by the pictures.

"Good, because we have a whole night of these." My dad said, pointing to all the shattered boxes.

"But, i have school tomorrow, right?" I tried to find an excuse, praying to god it actually works.

My mom looks at my dad, and sighs, "Yes. You're free from these."

I jumped in excitement, "Yes! Wow, i never thought i would use school as an excuse."

My dad laughs, and picks up the box of spoon, "Finish that two boxes, and you could explore the city."

"Deal." Nevertheless, i've never been so eager to finish my duty.

The minute i finished my chores, i ran out of the house, yelling goodbyes to my parents. I started to walk, seeing how nice the neighborhood around here. It does feel like a decent suburban neighborhood.

I turned to my left and see there's a park. Not too big, and thankfully not to crowded. I sat on the swings, gently rocking myself back and forth. I wanted to rock the hell out of this swing, but that probably would scare the children away.

I like it here. It's gonna be my escape place.

But, i need more than a little park. In my last city, it has a beach. Near my house. And, i don't think i've ever missed a single sunset on there. I could honestly dedicate my life to see sunset until the end.

A look-out point would be nice. I hope there is one in here. But, it's probably gonna be far away. And, it's gonna be night soon. Once i made friend—Scratch that, If i made friends, i'll tell them to bring me there.

For now, my feet is aching and the sun is saying goodbye. So do i.

________________________
______________