{25} real life,

_____________________________

The music is blasting on the radio. That is the only sounds we hear. We haven't said any words to each other, the silence actually really comfortable for the both of us. We have things running around in our head. Monty picked me up without any protests, and he understands i need some quiet time.

Fortunately he immediately agreed on taking a road trip, i guess he needed one too. I don't know what are things on his mind, but i hope he would tell me, because i told him things, and i'd like it if he wanted too.

I don't know what to think about Jeff. The words he said hurts me, i might need a little space from him. I don't want to hurt him with not talking to him but i can't see his face now. He was so gentle to me, he never said anything harsh toward me, even thought i do sometimes. It just a little surprising for me. I'll talk to him eventually but not in anytime soon.

I was staring at his hands as he drives, i stare but my mind is somewhere else. I sigh and look out to the window. Monty would glance at me every now and then to check on me.

Finally, what it seems like a long dreaded silence, "Where are we going?" He softly asked.

"Wherever you want." I just need to clear my mind.

"We'll just drive around, i guess." I turned to him, then something clicked on my head,

"Do you know any lookout point in here?" I asked him.

He quiet for a second, probably trying to reminiscing every memories he had on this town, "I think so, we can try and look for it."

I'm very thankful for that, i really want to know where the lookout point is—if there's one, i haven't been in one in years, it'd be really pretty to see the city in night.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, while fidgeting my fingers, he turns toward me for brief moment, clearly confused.

"Why?" He wondered.

"Because you have your whole day planned out and i ruin it." I really feel somehow guilty for this.

"Who says?" He smirked.

I look him, "So you don't have any special plan for today? With your family?"

"In fact, i don't. They never really care for me." He chuckled.

"They do Monty, maybe they just have a weird way of showing it." I say. Like mine.

And then the silence falls again, "So why the sudden road trip?" He asks.

"I'll tell you when i trust you enough." I playfully say.

He acts offended, "You don't trust me? After all my money i spent on buying you ice cream?

I laugh, "It was only twice, Monty."

"Still. You ate a lot of ice cream." My jaw dropped

"That's offending."

He laughs, "Seriously, do you trust me?" He asks.

"Do you?" I ask back.

"Yes, i weirdly do." He chuckles.

"I trust you, but only 95%" I joke.

"What happen with the other 5%" He asks, rises his eyebrow.

"You just lost it with your reckless driving skill." He gasps in surprise, he's a most funniest drama queen i've ever seen.

"Wow—I'm gonna drop you here." He says as he swerve to pull over.

"No, i was kidding! Don't abandoned me please." I yell at him.

"This is my car, so i made the rules. Got it?" I nod, mocking him.

He glances at me and smiles, "Who got your 100% trust?"

The smile i have on my face disappear in that split second, "Jeff." I reply and shrugged like it wasn't something special.

His smile also drop hearing his name, "Of course." He smiles again, trying to play it cool. "He's lucky to have you, and your full trust." He mumbles

"Oh stop." I roll my eyes, "It's not a huge deal."

"Whatever you say, Martin." I chuckle and the silence falls upon us again.

"Why do you agree on taking a road trip with me?" I ask him

He shrugs, "You seems like you need one and i wanna make sure you're okay."

I raise my eyebrow, "So you're not really up to having a road trip with me?"

"I am. I really need one too, i guess." He shrugs once again.

After a moment passed, he chuckled to himself. I look at him confused. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. It just—Somehow we found each other when we both have a rough time." He says.

I smile, "It's like we're each other getaway from everything around us."

"Maybe we are."

We drive farther away from the city, in fact we're climbing into the mountain even more, after a while, the sun comes down with us, we drive pass the orange sky. More less people on the road, more the trees comes to view.

My head is quieter now, it was just the songs on the radio. When we're higher on the mountain, Monty looked for a place to park with a good view.

He pulled up with his car. We stand in front of the

(ps: I fucking regret putting Montgomery on the important role on this book. Shit he did to Tyler was fucking horrendous. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.)