{30} real life,

_____________________________

"So," He coughed awkwardly, "How's life?" Jeff asks. I almost burst into fit of laughter because his question is the same like Hannah's.

I can tell he starts off easy, like, he didn't want to pull some trigger right away.

"It's been nice for few days. How's yours?" I ask back. It's no lie, i was having a decent time this last few days. The girl mostly help me to get him out of my mind and tutoring monty also helped me a lot.

He shrugs, "Peachy."

I look at him confused, "Is that sarcastic remark or?"

He sighs, but didn't say anything.

"You don't have to worry about me, Jeff. We're not a thing anymore." I say, calmly.

That made his head whipped fast to meet mine.

Jeff suddenly pull over and put the car in a halt. He looked at me with his eyes bewilder, "What? I thought you said you needed a break? and we'll work it out after that?"

"Jeff, i can't do relationship when it's near final exams. I wanted to focus on it." I try to reasons with him. This is a trash reason, he'll probably throw me out of the window because of it.

"That's such a bullshit excuse." He harshly says and starts driving again, "Don't you see how much i want to be with you?"

"Jeff, please..."

"No! Tell me the real reasons!" He starts to get angry.

I sigh, right now i don't have the reasons. It just-- i have a feeling we'll end up just where we were again

"You like monty, aren't you?" He chuckles bitterly. It terrified me how hard he clutch the steering wheel.

"Jeff!" I exclaimed in anger, "Why'd you always brought him up? He's not even in the picture!"

"Then why wouldn't you get back again?" He says weakly, i feel like he's getting tired of doing this with me.

"We'll try once we finished exam." I say. I know he wouldn't agree into that.

"Then what? We'll get off high school and start college. Fuck Olivia, don't play with me."

"I really don't know." I sigh in defeat, "It would be useless still. If we try now, we'll not have time together because the exam and then we'll go to college. It's useless Jeff. Its better if we stay as friend."

He sighs, he knows I'm right. "I'm gonna drop you."

"What?"

"This conversation is over. It's no use if i keep trying and trying but you wouldn't even consider me."

"I'm really sorry, Jeff."

It was the end of our conversation. All we had were tension. It's so thick you can cut it with a knife. I don't know what to say to him, i can take the blame on this one. We didn't say anything when we get off in front of my house. He didn't say anything and so am I. I've hurt him enough with my words.

I keep looking down at my fingers, i feel like i was supposed to say something to him, something that can make it better. Anything. But, my mouth feel dry and my head is empty of words.

I glance at my house he pulled over. I take a shaky breath, "Jeff." It was faint, i wasn't sure if he actually heard me.

"Don't. If we're not meant to be, then so be it. Don't sugarcoat it anymore." I know he didn't mean any harm, but it hurts. It hurts that i realized this is it. We're no longer together, we go on our separate ways.

I gulped, and nodded. I slowly go out the car. I waited for his car to drive off, he takes his time to finally drive off.

I entered the house with thoughts roaming around my head, and a heavy heart.

"Olivia. We need to talk." I was greeted by the words, they were waiting for me in the living room.

That's when my heart officially drop. I know that tone. My parents use it with bad news. The words itself contained so much meaning.

I gulp and sit in front of my parents, "We're moving, aren't we?"

I couldn't bring myself to look at them, i know the answer.

"We'll move as soon as you finish your final exam." My dad says.

"I can't even go to my own graduation?" I exclaimed.

"We'll come back when it's your graduation time." My mom says.

"This is such a fucking bullshit." I shake my head in disbelief, "You gotta stop doing this to my life. I can decide shits on my own."

"Olivia." My dad sighs, I know he's tired with the constant moving too and have to deal with me being piss off, "Language, please."

"You'll finish your final exams and then we go." My mom says in her motherly voice.

I finally have the life I've been dreaming of in here. With the nicest people I've ever met and the beautiful environment. I guess I didn't deserve that.

And then something comes to my mind, I'm glad. I'm very glad i broke up with Jeff because this—this will torture him more.

_____________________________