Chapter 9: Jealousy?

::

"So here's the plan: Naruto will go in as the bait-" This recieved an outraged cry from the blonde, yet Sakura ignored him and continued on "-Sasuke and I will be the 'bodyguard'. While Toshio is presenting Naruto, Sasuke will slowly creep away and free Toshio's sister. Understood?"

Her celadon eyes penetrated each one of the current males in the room, freezing Naruto from his ranting.

They all nodded. Sakura smirked, while cracking her knuckles, "Good."

::

The night sky was filled with alluring stars, each shining beautifully. Sakura sighed in contentment as she layed down on the grassy hill. She knew her plan had many holes, yet it seemed stable enough for Team 7 to handle; she believed in them.

She felt another presence land next to her. "Beautiful night, isn't it?" Toshio spoke, his hands behind his head.

Sakura smiled, "Indeed." A comfortable silence settled between them.

"I'm sorry."

Sakura's eyes snapped open at the sudden apology.

"Why?" She asked, genrally confused. It wasn't like he'd done anything wrong-- well, except for his perverted side, he was a nice guy.

Toshio's heart lurched in guilt. "I was gonna sell you away For my sister." The thought made him want to punch himself. How greedy had he been?
His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden laughter from his partner.

"What's so funny?"

"You seriously thought you could sell me away that quickly? For your information, in case a screw is loose in your head, I'm a ninja. Plus, anyone would put family before a stranger."

"There's things called sleeping gas, ya know?"

"Hey, you're not as stupid as I thought."

"Please, I've got more than just good looks." Toshio boasted, before they both fell into a fit of laughter.

::

"Dobe, where's sakura?" The onyx-eyed ninja questioned as he entered the living room. He had been searching all over for his pink-haired teamate, yet failed to find her.

"Hey! That's cheating-- what did you say Sasuke? Taka! Oi, your hand is off the table!" Naruto was currently too preoccupied with a hand wrestling match with Taka to take notice of his absent teamate.

Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose, "never mind." He muttered as he went out to the hill which was situated behind Toshio's house.

That's when he heard two voices and a familar chakra; Sakura's to be specific.

As he made his way over to the duo, Sasuke realised Sakura was laughing at something Toshio said.

He forrowed his eyebrows. Since when did those two get close? He decided-- as a teamate-- he should go help Sakura from the nasty creature: Toshio.

"Sakura."

His voice caused Sakura to clamp her mouth shut and look at her teamate. When did he even arrive?

"Sasuke. What brings you here?"

"Hn. You'll catch a cold. Let's go." He turned around, but not before glaring at the brunette, who returned the gesture.

"Come on Toshio. Let's go back inside."

Sasuke pursed his lips into a thin line. He should really keep an eye out.

::

Yee! An update!

Heuhuehue Sasuke getting jealous, ey? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sasuke: shut up. I'm not.

Toshio: does that mean I can have Sakura to myself?!

Me: why ofc, since SASUKE DOESN'T SEEM TO MIN--

Sasuke: *activates Sharingan* what did you say?

Me: *whistles* heuhue, nothing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•UNEDITED•

~101cupcakelover