MISS RIGHT

Nervously, Hae Mi entered the office and slid her backpack off her shoulder and onto the floor at her feet. She perched on the edge of the chair after greeting the renowned producer.

"I'm excited to welcome you to the Big Hit family," Bang Si Hyuk PD said.

Hae Mi smiled. "Thank you, I'm excited to be here. It's a dream come true for such a green choreographer." She opened her backpack and brought out the paperwork they had emailed her over the weekend.

"I'm happy to see a new recruit so prepared and eager to work," he continued, gratefully accepting the paperwork she had to offer. "Although we don't have you in the system yet - that should be coming later in the week - we are still willing to get your oriented and will have you working with the trainees today, if you so desire."

"That sounds wonderful. Where do we start?"

*****

Lunchtime rolled around faster than Hae Mi could blink. She had suffered her way through minor education modules and the generic orientation material that could be found at any job. When she was done, Bang Si Hyuk PD had given her a brief tour of the small facility - they were in the middle of renovating a new space for the company, so at the moment their current residency was pure chaos. The only unboxed, clean areas were the two cramped locker rooms, the dance rehearsal spaces, and the recording studios. The office areas weren't so lucky.

The tour ended in front of BTS's main rehearsal space. The dirty white floors and matching white walls weren't unfamiliar territory to Hae Mi. She had been following their twitter account since their pre-debut days and she had been attempting to keep up with their activities when she found out that her old friend was a member of the group.

Park Jimin.

Would he remember her? Hae Mi was hopeful that he would, but it had been eleven years since they last saw each other and in that time they both had become stars. But while Hae Mi had retired from the spotlight, Jimin would still be in it for a long time to come.

Hae Mi shook her head and cleared her thoughts of her old friend. I didn't come here for him. Remember that. I came here to get my foot in the door and to jump-start my career. I am here to be an asset to Big Hit and nothing more. A voice in the back of her head screaming "liar," but she worked to ignore those thoughts.

"Dance Director Kang Kyung Eun will meet with you after lunch. She's thrilled to have you joining the team and has much to teach you before you meet with the artists of Big Hit Entertainment," Bang PD said.

"Thank you so much for the warm welcome," Hae Mi replied. "I haven't been excited about a job in a long time and I think this will be the perfect place for me."

He smiled. "We are very happy to have you. And as a world champion dancer, your skills and talents will definitely be useful."

Hae Mi bowed her head in respect, which also hid the smarting blush on her cheeks. Years of compliments and photoshoots still hadn't prepared her for heartfelt comments in the real world. "I look forward to proving my skills and improving my abilities as a choreographer and dancer, Bang PD."

"You will do us all proud. Don't have too much fun with Kyung Eun this afternoon. See you later." He turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Hae Mi and the rehearsal room, blissfully alone.

They hadn't yet cleared an office desk for her - not that it would matter much, with the company moving locations within the year - but the rehearsal space would always her preferred place to reside and hideout. With no one around, it was only fair that she took up the opportunity to stretch and let her limbs flow before she was faced with her next challenge of the day.