12

Percy

I was one of the last ones to leave dinner because obviously, I love food. When I finished my potatoes, I stood up. At once, a group people from the green house stood up and made their way towards me. They were lead by a thin pale boy with platinum hair and silver eyes. The group included a tall guy with cocoa skin and dark eyes, a shorter girl with a brown hair, and another guy with light brown hair.

"So, Perseus Jackson," the girl said. "We were wondering if you would like to join us at the lake. As you're new, we figured it would be nice of us to help you adjust." 

I wasn't sure whether to trust them. They didn't appear to want to hurt me, but you never know. But then again, I didn't really have any friends, besides maybe Irish and Dean, and it would be good to have someone to show me the ropes.

"Sure," I told them. "My name is Percy." The blond stepped forward and offered me his hand.

"Draco Malfoy," he said. I shook his hand. Huh. That means dragon, I thought.

"I'm Pansy Parkinson," the girl announced. "And this is Blaise Zabini," she pointed to the tall guy with dark hair, "and Theodore Nott," she pointed to the guy with lighter hair. 

"Call me Theo," he told me. Pansy clapped and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the Great Hall and outside. The others followed.

We treked down towards the lake outside and all sat beneath a large tree, close to water's edge. I heard Draco mutter some spell as we sat down. 

"So Percy," Pansy said. "Tell us about yourself." She gestured animatedly with her hand.

"Well," I began. "I'm eighteen. I'm from New York. I love blue stuff, especially blue waffles." Here they all gave me a weird look. I guessed they didn't have blue waffles in England. "I love the ocean and horses. Soon yeah," I awkwardly ended.

"Interesting," Pansy mused. "Okay, how about we play a game to lighten everthing up?"

"What game?"I asked, praying to the gods it wasn't some weird wizarding, british game.

"Truth or dare," Blaise said. "But with a kick."

"Darling, the kick if you please," Pansy asked Draco.

He smirked at her and pulled a big bottle out of seemingly nowhere. 

"Firewhiskey," Theo told me.

"We're going to drink!" I said, weirded out. Yep, I've saved the world but have yet to have a full drink of alcohol. Pasny snorted at me.

"C'mon, don't tell me you haven't had alcohol before!" she said. I shook my head.

"The drinking age in America is 21," I told them. Draco gasped. 

"Merlin, imagine not drinking for 21 years!" He shuddered. "I'd go mad!"

"What!" I exclaimed. "What's it here?"

"Technically 18. But no one really follows that. Most people start at 13 to 14 here," he told me. Theo nodded along.

"I remember I had my first drink in third year, the first Hogsmeade weekend." He sighed, as though in love, and smiled. "It was the first day I truly lived." I laughed at him with the others.

"Okay," Pansy interjected. "Since you're new, I explain the rules. First, the person who's going takes a swig. Then they are asked by someone "Truth or dare" and they pick. Then the person who asked choses a dare or question and the other has to do it or answer. Also this game is magic, of course, and it is binding." I grimaced at that. I hope they go easy on me.