Round 1 : Chicklit, Adventure/Mystery, General Fiction Results

going to round 2 - this book has scored well and is one of the ones to go through to the next round!

not going to round 2 : eliminated - this book was judged, however it didn't do as well as the others and so it will not be going to round 2. there's some comments beside each book so you can know how to improve!

disqualified - books which did not adhere to the rules. they have no score, simply a line stating why they were disqualified.

Chicklit 

Head judge's comments : This wasn't quite such a tough genre as I'd been expecting, being a Chicklit writer myself! Either way, we had quite a lot of books scoring about 80/100 with none over 90, sadly! The books which scored lowest have some harsh comments - don't take them as insults, but rather as things you can improve! Well done to the judges, and everyone who entered this category!

GOING TO ROUND 2

The Marvels of Prairie Creek by prairiecreek - 79/100 : Started off badly, as the cover really didn't draw me in. However, your grammar was near perfect and the writing was spot on! I think your story needs some editing as a lot of your scenes contained unnecessary information. 

Mr What's His Name by ruthxanadu - 82/100 : Cover's good and the grammar needs to be improved. But the plot is interesting as you go further so it's good. Writing style needs a little bit of improvement.

Prophet of Love by midnightsdarling - 83/100 : The author could have worked on the plot more, seeing as it was interesting at the first. Needs to improve her writing too, although it's already good. The cover says something about the character so it's ok. The grammar is also ok.

Fragile Bird by westernstargazer - 85/100 : Your cover was awesome, scoring 20/20! It was simple yet meant a lot. Your grammar seemed good overall, and your writing albeit simple was mostly decent. I was immediately drawn to the story, but nothing much seemed to happen after the first two chapters... You give too much backstory upfront! Try spreading it out some more.

The Girl On The 16th Floor by rosebindings - 85/100 : The cover is good seeing as it's related to the story. The grammar is as well good. I'm sure the author could do something more about the writing style since the plot is already interesting.

Travelling Heart Syndrome by tifftheawesome - 86/100 : The grammar is okay, the writing is also good. The story picks up each chapter so it was interesting. It leaves you want to read further to know more about the character. The cover is nice, but you used the American spelling on it and that may confuse lots of people. 

Cake Face by that_guitar_girl - 88/100 : Cover was okay as well as the grammar. The plot was something I don't read that often so I commend that. The writing was also awesome.

Cici and the 5 Steps for Getting Over An Obsession by minute_moon - 90/100 : Needs to work on the cover, tbh. But aside from that, everything is great. The plot is interesting how author unfolds the event since they were young. I base plot points on how it could hook me up, me wanting to read further. The writing style is good, few more practice I guess. and grammar is good.