General Fiction Results

The main judge on this genre was that_guitar_girl. She did excellent, quick work and I am very pleased with her in this round! Awesome work :) The backup judge (who double-checked her results and wrote some additional comments) was reneeshantel

For each book you will find the title, score, then the review from the main judge and underneath a few notes from the backup judge. We did this so all books would have two points of view. 

Where backup judges disagreed with the main judges, I subtracted or added 1 point for a difference of 2 and 2 points for a difference of 4 or above. If the difference was of only 1 point it remained as the initial judge scored it. 

GOLD WINNER

Stillwater by ofthesea- - 30/30

The title and the cover works well together, as though she is surrounded by Stillwater. I really like how you've used this word as the area that Bridgit sneaks off to for parties and the same place where Edie goes missing.It's almost as though this 'missing person's' case isn't really going to go anywhere, like the word Stillwater.

I also really like the romantic sub-plot with a possibility of a love-triangle with Bri, Rhys and Bellamy. It's definitely intriguing: as though the relationship between Bri and Rhys is like stillwater: it's not going anywhere.

I physically can't find a single flaw in the plot or in the writing at all: it's so beautifully and perfectly written. I love your descriptions and I really like how you're showing darker sides of various characters, including Rhys and Bellamy. I absolutely love this book: congrats! :)

Does the backup judge agree with this score : YES!

This cover is beautiful. The blurb is short and to the point. The story is extremely well written, with not a single error to be spotted and a plot that grips you tight from the prologue. The author's description is some of the best I have ever seen, and could put many published authors to shame.

SILVER WINNER

The Artist's Skill by black_hole_survivor : 26/30

The one thing that's really let you down is the cover: I like how the guy looks as though he's a water colour painting, but the text font and colour doesn't suit the image. Perhaps show paintbrushes in the cover? Or a gallery? Or something to really show the readers how creative you truly are in designing covers. Or, feel free to ask other cover makers on Wattpad: I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you a hand :

The writing is pretty good! A few spelling and one or two grammatical errors here and there, but overall, not bad :) Just remember to always proof-read your work before publishing it: even if you read it a dozen times. There's no harm in checking!

And finally: the plot. I think the plot is great! Can find no fault :)

Does the backup judge agree with this score : YES

The cover could use some work, and the blurb – while being well-written – makes the story sound cliché. The writing is great, and the characters' personalities really shine through. Although the plot isn't as strong in the first two chapters, you can make a fairly educated guess as to what is going to happen next.