Adventure/Action/Mystery Results

The main judge was uniqueread, who worked quickly and well although some of their reviews are a little short. Well done anyway, and also a special thanks for doing extra work in Round 1!

The backup judge was unknownfamousauthor, myself. It was great doing some judging and delving into these books - I was very impressed by this genre, and I think the scores achieved really reflect how tight the competition was!

GOLD WINNER

Colourless Monster by sherwritesbooks - 26/30 (original) / 27/30 (modified)

I think the cover fits the title. The cover just doesn't call out to a reader. I know I like a good cover on a book because it shows me a hint to the plot already. Maybe check out some graphic accounts so you can get a more eye catching one. I really enjoyed the writing style!

Each paragraph had this beautiful flow to it. Really good grammar as well. Not only was the writing great but so was the plot. I could feel the main characters different range of emotions. That is definitely so hard to do as an author. Through your writing I did grow to like Dorian even though I didn't even think he was going to be likable. Even if this book doesn't win I still loved it and will personally continue to read it.

Does the backup judge agree with this score :
NO, should have scored 28/30!

Nice cover and well written introduction. However, your cover should be more of a hook as people need to open the book to see your writing (which by the way is excellent!). The story seems to develop nicely and I'm interested to learn more about Dorian and the guy in the car with him and Madison. Work on the cover, seriously - because your writing is excellent!

SILVER WINNER

Amethyst by missemilie942 - 25/30

Beautiful, attention grabbing cover! I mean I am still staring at it. When I noticed the cover I was excited to read it. One thing that really stuck out to me is that you made made your own language in this book. That is so unique and I give you such high praise for deciding to do that.

The characters were so likable in the story nit just that but I felt like they were very realistic. I'll be completely honest when I read the summary my thought was "oh, so it's going to be like all the other books. Nothing is going to be different." You did prove me wrong there were definitely twists I didn't expect.

Does the backup judge agree with this score : NO, should have scored 26/30!

The cover is okay but it didn't actually catch my eye that much... I think you should find a better font for the title or make it stand out more! I love the idea for the book, it's original and creative. Opening the book I find excellent writing and no prominent spelling or grammar mistakes. I am honestly very impressed with the quality of this book! However, I'm not sure if the cover is good enough for me to have opened it, and I feel like the description doesn't showcase your writing skills well enough. 

BRONZE WINNER

Fixing Isabelle by zelaughingqueen - 24/30 (original) / 25/30 (modified)