Round 1 : Teen Fiction Results

Teen Fiction

Head judge's comments : This was a huge mixed bag of entries, from some of the very best to some of the very worst. Here's a quick explanation of how I've sorted going through and not going through:

We had tons of entries in Teen Fiction, over 100! This made it much harder for me to decide how many were going through, especially seeing so many with marks over 90! What I did in the end was take the top three books from each judge (taking six from ruthxanadu who judged two lots). I've also been considering having two strains of winners for Teen Fiction - this means having two golds, two silvers, two bronzes. 

Either way, go look for your book below! Thank you to our eight judges and to everyone who entered, and congratulations if you've passed! 

YES, SOME BOOKS IN THE ELIMINATED SECTION HAVE HIGHER SCORES THAN SOME OF THE ONES GOING THROUGH. THE TOP THREE BOOKS FROM EACH JUDGE HAVE GONE THROUGH TO ALLOW A RANGE OF BOOKS TO PASS!

GOING TO ROUND 2

The Chosen Path by susanksaltos - 73/100 : I love how the author has used a wide range of good vocabulary words. A lot of synonyms are used which makes the book a great one. It's written in a very neat manner which will please the reader.

Frost by porcupie - 77/100 : The book is well written and has a creative plot; takes me back to my fairy tale days. I don't know why it's tagged in Teen Fiction in the first place; it should be in Fantasy but anyway the book is amazing.

The Mysterious Playbook by giarene - 80/100 : This book is a blessing! I love it to the core and I hope it wins. The tenses are a problem but then the book is written so well that I can't help but ignore the mistakes.

Sisters by Choice by themockingjay2544 - 84/100 : I knew right away I was going to like the story based on the descriptions the author provided and the underlying plot. Very well done!

Warm Hugs by njoying_being_a_girl - 85/100 : Cute cover and an interesting plot. You obviously took time to craft a very lovely story line, and that shows!

The Diaries of a So-Called Tomboy by thatrandomfangirl04 - 85/100 : Interesting cover. I liked it. Chapters need to be a little bit longer but I am impressed there were no grammar and spelling mistakes to be found. I was strict in finding if the writer is writing in a good quality of writing. To be honest, the way the writer wrote his/her story was impressive.

We Meet Again by sopheajehan - 86/100 : The cover is so eye-catchy and suits the story. I liked the way the story was moving from one event to another and the plot was good. There were minor grammar mistakes but as a whole, the story is well written.

Fake It Til You Make It by bookwormsarah - 87/100 : loved this book! Well written and the cover is cute! It was a nice read. The plot I got from the blurb pulled me in and it looks like it's going to be VERY interesting. Can't wait to read more!