Chicklit Results

The main judge for this genre was mute_slytherin. They did an excellent job here with almost all of their reviews being an impressive length. This seems a very competitive genre and everyone scored very high!

The backup judge was theredbelletrist. Again, well done to them as well :)

Please note that there is a tie between two books as they both have 29/30 and one wins Silver and the other Bronze. Please note the backup judges scores for these books - one should have moved up, whilst the other should have moved down. Hope that explains any confusion!

GOLD WINNER

Cake Face by that_guitar_girl - 30/30

I love the cover for this book. It's so simple yet eye catching. The SPAG for this book is accurate and I love the story line. The plot is VERY VERY VERY intriguing and different. I adore how it's in a mean girls pov which is unique.

The plot is great and gets me riled up wanting to yell at Melanie and then hug her at other times. Being honest, you got full marks. I don't know what to fault. I'm sitting here struggling what to write, XD. All I can say is that I'll definitely be reading the rest of your upcoming updates and voting afterwards. Very tempting to not comment. Keep it up!

Does the backup judge agree with this score : NO, should have scored 29/30

The cover is finally on point and the description is great, it generally convinced the reader to read the said book. The writing is really good, i liked the style. Just be consistent with the tenses used. The plot is great, something we don't get to read often. It offers something new and refreshing. Great job!

SILVER WINNER

Fragile Bird by westernstargazer - 29/30

I don't know where to start! I loved this book. It was very interesting and had a great plot line. I love how Valley's character builds up as the story continues and is very unique. It's great as it leaves the reader guessing and her actions more unpredictable. The cover for this book is very cute. I really like the fonts so you can say thanks to the person who made it! Just the one thing is that the necklace is covered up but you can't really find a perfect image so I understand. Also if a necklace is actually used in the story but if so later on, it's nice.

I also like the books name as it's like a metaphor about Valley. From what I've read, the SPAG is accurate. The plots awesome and flows nicely. It's different to what I read. I love how this book isn't cliche and the way you portray Valley in the party scene. Most characters go either because they like to party or because they were forced by friends, none which Valley was influenced by.

I adore this book and was tempted to not comment or finish it as I had other books to read. I'll definitely go back and vote once the competition is done as I don't want to seem biased! I'm going to recommend this to all my friends for sure as I really enjoyed it. Keep it up!

Does the backup judge agree with this score : NO, should have scored 30/30

Aside from the good title and cover, I gave plus points to the author's effort in incorporating images each chapter. The writing style is great. I appreciate how the main character was developed walking us through. And the plot is just wonderful, something very refreshing and would want to make you read more.