Rubbing

Shadow woke up, panting and covered in sweat.

For the past few months, he'd have...

Hm. Let me ask you a question. What do you call a wet dream that wasn't... wet? A dry dream?

Let's say that's what they were. Shadow kept having dry dreams that left him aroused when he woke up. This normally happened only once in a while, and when it did, he would simply ignore it and go back to sleep. Because Shadow didn't understand this feeling, he figured that it was irrelevant, and would soon disappear.

But for the past few months, the dreams became more frequent. Once in a while became every week.

Then several times a week.

Then every night.

When Shadow woke up, he'd feel strange. He'd have a wanting for something. A horrible wanting. But he himself never knew what it was that he craved. As the days passed, this wanting grew stronger and stronger.

One day, out of curiosity, he touched himself 'down there'. To his surprise, the wanting went away. So, for about 20 minutes, he kept rubbing himself. Fast and slow, over and over. To his humiliation (despite being alone), he kept... making noise. First it started as low grunting. As he went on, he began making louder noise that he could only describe as moaning.

But the noise was most embarrassing when the wanting was almost gone. He couldn't help rubbing as fast as his hand would let him, moaning loudly all the while. But then, he starting feeling so good that he was practically screaming.

Finally, it stopped. The wanting was over. He'd never felt so weak and and embarrassed.

Yet, satisfied.

Whenever the wanting returned, especially after a dry dream, that's what Shadow would do. Touch himself. It felt good to have the wanting disappear.

At least, until rubbing himself didn't work.