The Talk

*Beep*

*Beep*

...

*Beep*

For a while, that's all Shadow hears. Two beeps, a pause, and another beep. In case you're wondering why, it's because Shadow is nervous. He keeps typing the first two digits of Silver's phone number, then pressing cancel.

'What am I supposed to say? No matter how I say it, either it'll be embarrassing, make no sense, or both.' he thought.

Finally, he forced himself to call Silver.

"🎵Hel-loooo!🎵" Silver answered, happy as usual.

"H-hey, Silver." Shadow said nervously.

"OHMYGOSH, WHAT'S WRONG?"

"Ah! Chaos, Silver, I didn't even say anything!" Shadow said, startled by Silver's outburst.

Silver's cleared his throat. "Sorry. Normally you either sound angry or like you're trying to imitate Batman, so hearing you sound nervous made me panic a little. Is anything wrong, though?"

Shadow resisted trying to escape the situation. "Uh, before I answer that, could you make sure that I'm not on speaker?"

Silver was worried by the request, but agreed.

"Thanks. Okay, over the last few months, I've been having some weird dreams. When I woke up, I'd feel... odd. It's like I really want something, even though I don't know what it is."

Silver was quiet as he processed that info. "Hm... Okay. Anything else?"

Shadow continued. "So I just got to wondering what would happen if I... touched myself. 'Down there.' The wanting feeling disappeared, so I kept doing it. Every time it returned, I would touch myself. Sometime after I'd been doing it for a week, I had to touch myself for hours at a time to get the wanting to go away."

"Let me guess: it's not working anymore, huh? You haven't touched yourself into numbness, have you? Or scratched yourself?"

Shadow's cheeks almost blushed blood red. "Um... Yeah. I have. I was so desperate to get away from that feeling that I got too rough. It doesn't feel so good."

"Well I'm sure of that, Shadow. But I can't help until tomorrow."

"What!? Why!?"

"Because you need time to heal. At least a little." Silver said. "By tomorrow, you should regain feeling in your... Well, you know. If you have any more concerns..."

"That's all. Are you coming over here, or-"

"That's what I was planning, yes. And you shouldn't worry about the feeling coming back. I'll be there before you know it."

"Alright. Thanks Silver."

"No problem!"

With that, they hung up.

...

...

Shadow couldn't understand why, but he started thinking about Silver and couldn't stop. Everything that Shadow knew about him was running through his mind. His goofy smile, his voice, his weird hairstyle...

Then, Shadow began remembering his dreams. In most of them, or at least most of the ones he remembered well, he was laying down. Sometimes on his stomach, most times on his back. Though in rare cases, he'd be laying... on someone.

There's one detail of these dreams that makes Shadow think they're related in some way: in the dreams, he was never alone. There was always one other person. He didn't know who the person was exactly. He could never describe the character's appearance or name. All he knew is that this person made him feel safe. Even loved, perhaps. And it made him happy for some reason, knowing that this character felt the same way about him.

But whoever this character was, they had to  be more than friends to Shadow. With a blushing face, Shadow remembered what the person would do to him: rub his back or stomach, squeeze his butt, tug on his tail, and kiss him everywhere. Sometimes things would slip past PG rating ;) and Shadow would love all of it.

'I've gotta go clear my head.' Shadow thought. He went to his kitchen to find a snack. It was a bit past noon, and Shadow hadn't eaten all day.

~After Finally Eating~

Shadow was sweeping up the mess of crumbs he'd made. He made a last trip to the trash can to empty the dustpan, then put it away.

Even though it felt like he was forgetting something, he left the kitchen.

He was halfway to his room when he remembered that he forgot to put away the broom. Grumbling, he went back to the kitchen.

As soon as he grabbed the broom, he froze.

The strangest thought came to his mind.

'That's ridiculous.' Shadow thought to himself. He put the broom away and went to his room.

~That Night~

Shadow woke up sweating and panting. He was blushing from the dream he had, and there was a mess on his bed.

Suddenly, Shadow couldn't stop himself.

He ran to the kitchen, grabbed the broom, and ran back to his bedroom, shutting and locking the door. He made sure that the windows were closed and locked, then closed the blinds and curtains. He found his broom and sat on his bed.

'Just this once. It's only because I'm curious.' he thought to himself.

Shadow took a deep breath before he began.