Uh Oh

Silver sat Shadow in the tub against the wall and turned on the water, making sure that it wasn't too cold. If there's one thing that Silver knew about Shadow, it was that he couldn't stand being in cold water.

"Is the water okay, Shadow?" he asked.

Shadow nodded.

"Good. Uh, you're still breathing heavily. Are your legs still numb?"

After failing to move his legs, Shadow nodded.

"Arms too?"

"Mm-hm." Shadow said, starting to become nervous at those questions. Why would Silver need to know if he could move? He watched in confusion as Silver removed his gloves. "What are you doing?"

"Well, it looks like your case is pretty severe, so unless you actually come in physical contact with someone, you're gonna be almost completely paralyzed. Your only exceptions are your head and ability to talk."

This really worried Shadow. "So... You could touch me any way you wanted to, and I'd have to sit there and take it? I would just be stuck here?"

"Woah, there. I mean, yes, if I still had my gloves on you would. But I'm not leaving you like this. I've had sleep paralysis before, so I know that being in a position like this is scary. I'm only going to touch your hand. You should be able to move at least a little."

Thankfully, this calmed Shadow. With that being said, Silver removed one of Shadow's gloves. He took and pressed his fingers onto Shadow's exposed palm.

"Anything?"

The water in the tub rippled a bit near Shadow's feet and submerged hand. "I can move my toes now. And my fingers."

"That's not much." Silver responded. He slid his fingers between Shadow's and squeezed.

"Uh, Silver is this necessary?" Shadow asked. If felt odd for someone to hold his hand the way Silver was, with their fingers intertwined. No one had ever done that to him before.

"Yes, this is necessary. Unless you want to be stuck being unable to move." Silver responded. "If you want this to work, you'll have to cooperate."

Shadow looked away. "This stays between us." he said as he barely tried to hold Silver's hand.

For some reason, Shadow's constant hesitation was starting to annoy Silver. "Don't worry, Shadow." he said. "This perverted rat can keep a secret. This is between us only."

Shadow's eyes widened as he processed Silver's words. "You heard that?"

Silver nodded. "I also heard you say that what I told you was just perverted B. S. That's a lot for you to say, considering you using a broom as a toy. I think you're lucky that an actual pervert isn't right here. If anyone, anyone at all, tried to take advantage of you, your body wouldn't allow you to resist."

"...I would let myself get raped?" Shadow asked in shock.

"Yes. Why do you think I'm trying to help?"

Shadow was quiet as he started to feel much more grateful that it was Silver he'd called. Choosing to stop acting prissy, he squeezed Silver's hand.

"Can you move anything?"

"I can move my entire hand. That's about it." Shadow responded quietly.

Silver thought, then got an idea.

"This may feel... weird." Silver warned.

"As long as it isn't inappropriate, go ahead." Shadow said, bracing himself.

Shadow watched as Silver brung his hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it.

To Silver's surprise, Shadow jumped.

"It feels like I just had a full-body spasm." Shadow said.

"Great! That means you should be able to move completely."

Shadow sat up, then sat on his knees. He turned to Silver, "Thank you."

"Y-you're welcome." Silver said blushing. "Um... Whether you like it or not, you still have to get checked. Like I said, it won't go away. Unless some horny guy comes along..."

Shadow caught on. Sighing, he said, "Do what you have to."

Silver blushed more. "Maybe we should wait until you finish your bath."

"Alright." Shadow said, starting to clean himself.

Silver walked outside of the bathroom.

As Shadow bathed, he wondered why Silver chose to kiss his hand.

~Later~

Silver was tidying up Shadow's room, humming as he cleaned the mess.

When suddenly-

"SILVER! HELP!"

'Uh oh.' Silver thought as he flew to the bathroom. When he was inside, he saw that Shadow was completely submerged in the bath water. Bubbles rose quickly as Shadow lost air, trying to call for help.

Silver immediately pulled him from the tub.

Coughing water, Shadow tried to sit up, but Silver had to support him. Silver held him up and made sure he could breathe before sitting him on the lid of the closed toilet.

"Shadow, what happened?" Silver asked.

Panting, Shadow answered, "I was bathing, as you wanted. Then, I started to feel dizzy, so I sat down against the wall of the tub. Soon I felt myself becoming numb, just as my body began sliding further into the water. That's when I called for you."

Shadow felt like trash knowing that the person that saved him was the same guy that he was insulting earlier. It scared him to imagine what would be happened if Silver hadn't been there.

"Alright then." Silver sighed. "For you're safety, I'm gonna have to stay with you. As long as we maintain physical contact, you'll be able to move."

"*Deep breath* Would now be a good time to do examination?"

Silver paused, then nodded. Blushing, he held Shadow's hand as they walked to his room.