Embarrassment

"Ugh..." Shadow groaned as he woke up. He was feeling extreme discomfort, and wanted more sleep.

Reluctantly, he opened his eyes.

A pair of yellow ones were staring right into them.

"Gah!" Shadow yelped.

"Good mornin', Shadow!" Silver said happily.

"How did you get in here!?" Shadow asked, confused and nervous. "And why are you here so early!?"

"I told you in the phone, 'I'll be here before you know it.' And here I am!"

"Okay... Then how did you get into my house?"

"I'm good at lock picking." Silver answers as if this weren't creepy.

Shadow looks at him. "...o-kay..."

"Hey, Shadow?"

"What?"

"Um... I know you're immortal or can heal quickly and all, but... Is that painful?"

Shadow looked down to where Silver was pointing, and immediately wished he were invisible. He suddenly remembered why he was so uncomfortable.

"I would've taken it out myself, but I was worried I'd accidentally hurt you." Silver said, blushing a bit.

Actually, it felt worse having it in. Silver may have helped more by acting instead of waiting. "U-Um... Could you..." Shadow looked away, "remove it?"

Silver nodded.

A few seconds later, Silver was holding Shadow's broom.

"How did this even happen?" Silver asks, putting the broom to the side.

Shadow held his head in one of his hands. "I don't know... Sometime last night, I woke up and couldn't shake the feeling, then I started thinking about the broom since I was cleaning up yesterday, and... Ugh..."

Despite that it was his own fault, Shadow felt somewhat violated. He'd had a strange desire to feel something, but using the broom only made the wanting more unclear. Yes, he definitely felt the broom, which was something, but at the same time, he felt deprived.

And whatever he was deprived of, he wanted it SO badly.

"Well, I have a guess as to what's wrong. There's just something a little embarrassing that I have to do." Silver said. Shadow looked at him, listening closely. "It might make you uncomfortable, but it would be best if I got a look at the damage. A close look."

Immediately realizing that Silver needed him to expose his most sensitive spots, Shadow snapped his legs shut. "No. No way."

"I'll be careful." Silver says, trying to be assuring. "And it'll only take a second."

"No. Actually, I don't understand why I even bothered calling you here. I'm fine."

Silver gave Shadow a skeptical look. "You're fine?"

"I haven't ever had problems like this before, I'm sure it's nothing. So yes, I'm fine."

"You think it was pointless to call me here?"

Shadow nodded.

Silver pressed on. "So what you mean to tell me is that sticking a broom up the back of your a** is what you call 'fine'?"

"If you're going to criticize me, then you can get the f**k out! I don't need some idiot kid talking crazy bullsh*t in my house!"

Shadow couldn't stand nor understand why Silver was being calm instead of shouting back. "Shadow, the minute you start walking, if you'll even be able to stand, your wanting will become unbearable."