So Warm

When Shadow woke up, he realized that he wasn't in his bed, anymore. In fact, he wasn't in his room. Shadow saw that he was now in his living room.

Even though he was baffled as to how he got into his living room, Shadow felt quite comfortable.

And safe.

As if he were being hugged by a large, warm, fluffy, pillow-blanket.

This is when he realized that this same pillow-blanket was stroking his quills.

And occasionally gave him kisses on his cheek, neck, and shoulder.

"Oh, you're awake. Are you feeling okay?" Silver asked from under Shadow.

'I'm laying on top of him?' Shadow thought as he nodded.

"Good. I'm glad you're not completely suffering, anymore. In case you're wondering, I took you to the living room because I wanted to keep an eye on you while I watched t.v."

Shadow looked to Silver and smiled. It felt surprisingly good being on top of him. So warm...

Returning the smile, Silver resumed stroking Shadow's quills, making him almost tired enough to fall asleep.

Shadow laid back down, smiling against Silver's chest as Silver held him.

So warm...

"I love you."

Shadow almost jumped from his skin at hearing Silver's hushed words. His reaction startled Silver, who'd thought that Shadow was sleeping.

Shadow gave Silver a questioning look. He got no response since Silver had become to scared to say anything. Silver opened his mouth his mouth to say something, but closed it, unable to make words.

After a bit of somewhat awkward silence, Shadow motioned for Silver to hand him his notebook and pen from the small table next to them.

Once they were in his hands, Shadow quickly wrote,

I don't think that I can say that to you.

Silver was heartbroken immediately, as he figured that this would happen. "Oh, man. I'm sorry for...that."

Shadow put his pen to the paper again.

I can't say it because my throat's killin' me.

Silver looked from Shadow's words to his face. 'Could he really mean that he...?' he thought to himself, blushing.

Shadow smiled and kissed Silver's cheek as he put down the pen and notebook. He hugged Silver and turned to kiss his lips.

Taken a bit by surprise, Silver smiled and kissed back. He hugged one arm around Shadow's waist, and his free hand cupped Shadow's rear, playing with his tail.

Shadow gave a small moan and brought hand across Silver's chest, stopping to toy with his chest fur. His hand landed on Silver's shoulder, and he kissed Silver's neck while stroking his quills.

As Silver struggled (with failure) not to become a moaning mess, he used his telekinesis to get the pen and write something onto the notebook page.

Shadow stopped what he was doing in curiosity. When he read Silver's note, he smiled and pushed Silver onto his back, kissing him aggressively.

The note read,

Round 2?