The Secret's Out

Shadow was frozen in shock.

"Shadow?" Silver asked.

Shadow sat up and held his head in his hands. He wanted to close his legs, but he knew that there was no point.

Silver was starting to worry. "Shadow, what's wrong?"

"I really tried. I tried s-so hard to hide it. For fifty f**king years I tried." Shadow said.

"To hide your gender?"

Shadow nodded. "Then, just like that, you saw it."

"If you wanted to hide it so bad, Why did you agree to have me examine you?"

"Because I got so use to people not knowing that I forgot about hiding! I wasn't thinking about it when I called you, or when you got here, or when you were about to check me!"

'Woah.' Silver thought.

"I was raised and trained as a male. Everyone that meets me thinks that I'm male. Yet someone thought it would be so funny to give me female parts."

Shadow looked at Silver. "There are no words to describe just how confused and embarrassed I was when I realized what I really am. And I figured that if anyone else found out, then people would lose all respect for me."

Silver didn't hesitate. "I won't tell."

The fact that Silver responded so quickly made Shadow suspicious. "You won't tell anyone about this?"

"No. Why would I? You're clearly uncomfortable with this, I would gain absolutely nothing besides your distrust (which I don't want), and you said that you'd been trying practically your entire life hiding it. Telling even one other person would be a pretty messed up move."

Shadow was surprised at how honest Silver seemed about what he said. "We'll see."

"By the way, I when I checked you, I saw the problem: you waited too long to experiment with yourself."

"...you mean with touching myself?"

Silver nods. "Where I'm from, this is common. When you were created, your body was given a heightened desire to... mate, but since you both didn't know that and didn't act on it for so long, you began dysfunctioning. Hence the wanting, numbness, and so forth. Actually, if your stomach's been feeling weird, that's because your insides are moving, trying to stimulate you. It's impossible to do that, so you end up throwing up."

"If mating was what I had to do, then why did touching myself work the first few times?"

Silver blushed a little. "Let me rephrase. You have a heightened sexual desire. Touching yourself worked for a while, because that normally works. But you've been around for a long time and never pleasured yourself, so your wanting was building up for all that time. At this point, you have to have some other person touch you for it to go away. And I don't mean with just fingers."

Shadow blushed, realizing what that meant. "I'm gonna have to..."

Silver nodded. "You have to choose someone. I suggest either a VEEEEERRRY trustworthy friend, someone you like, or anyone you're in a relationship with."

Shadow thought. It felt so strange to know that this was the only way he could help himself. And from what he could remember about how it worked, this might be painful. But if it had to be done...

"I think you should do it."

"What now?"

"Well," Shadow explained, "You're my most trustworthy friend. You're the one I called to help me in the first place, and it seems like you know what you're doing."

In honesty, Silver was flattered that Shadow chose him. But he knew that if he and Shadow had intercourse, he'd become even more emotionally attached to Shadow. And since Silver had a year old crush on him, Silver didn't want this to become a one time thing, or to be someone's sex buddy.

All it took was one look at Shadow's worried face to remind Silver that it wasn't about what he wanted or didn't want. It was about helping his friend.

"Alright."