하나 • one

"w-what?" i stuttered, eyeing the man who was stood in front of me. "i guess the both of us signed the contract, without knowing what we were getting into." he says with a sigh, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. someone clears their throat from behind, bringing our attention to them.

"i'm sorry about earlier, i'm youngbin. i'm the leader." he says as he steps up, bowing. "i'm sorry.. what? leader? are all of you in a gang or something?" i asked, raising an eyebrow. they burst out into laughter. i stood there, still confused and a little afraid. "oh.. you were being serious." youngbin says. "no, we're not in a gang. we're idols, in a group together called sf9." he explains.

"oh.. sorry, i don't really listen to kpop." i explained, bowing as an apology. "hi. i'm inseong, the eldest." then i realised that they were all about to introduce themselves to me.

"hi! i'm jaeyoon."
"hello, i'm dawon."
"i'm zuho."
"well.. i already introduced myself.. but just in case you've already forgotten, i'm rowoon."
"annyeonghaseyo, i'm taeyang."
"hello! i'm hwiyoung."
"and i'm chani, i'm the youngest."

"hmm.. how old are you.." hwiyoung asks as he drones on, waiting for me to introduce myself. "oh! annyeonghaseyo, i'm jisu. and i'm turning twenty in a few days." i said, offering all of them a smile. "oh! we can be friends." taeyang says with a wide smile, raising a hand for me to highfive. i chuckle, nodding as i hit my hand against his.

"oh! do you need help with your luggage? you should go rest.. you looked exhausted." rowoon says. "it's okay, i can manage." i said. "there are two main rooms. you can go ahead and pick first." he tells me. i nod, thanking him as i dismissed myself, bringing my luggage with me.

well.. would you look at that? maybe moving into this house has it's advantages. i've just met nine new people just by entering.

i examined the two different rooms.

the first room looked beautiful, despite its simplicity though it was very roomy. i felt that he would like that, since he did have many friends. he would find this convenient for when they're all here. i went to the other room and saw that it was slightly smaller. the two windows gave the room enough light for the day, even with the white opaque curtains covering it.

i like this room.

i began to unpack my belongings, placing my clothes into the cupboard and unto hangers. after i was done unpacking, i fully rolled up my sleeves and tied my hair up as i stood in front of the mirror.

then my phone rings.

"hello?" i said, not bothering to check the caller id. "jisu-ah, have you gotten to your new house yet?" riley asks. "yeah. it's breathtaking!" i said as a smile grew on my face. "really? woah.. you better invite us over soon!" she says warningly. "well, it's not like i have a choice."

then my eyes widened as i realised something.
riley's a big kpop fan.

"but let's wait it out first, alright? i'm sure my housemate's still trying to adjust to the new place, so i don't want to make it any harder." i explained. "oh! yeah, stupid." she says, scolding herself. i put her on speaker mode.

"jisu!" sun woo says. "ne oppa?" i asked. "she's driving me crazy." he says in english. i chuckle. "you chose to date her, so you can't really blame it on me." i answered. "yah! if you're going to talk about the wicked witch of the west, at least speak in korean!" riley complains. "hush!" sun woo scolds, flicking his twin sister's forehead. "anyway, what did she do this time?" i asked with a sigh. "she sent me a picture of her in a dress, asking if she looked nice." he started. "and i obviously said yes. so she went ahead and bought it." he continued.

"she goes home, and washes it and totally forgets that there's loose lacey type material on the skirt of the dress and she tosses it into the washing machine. it's basically in ruins now and she's blaming it on me." he complains. i chuckle, shaking my head. "i don't know why you're still with her if she makes you this miserable." i said, rolling my eyes. "well.. she makes me happy." "ew!" riley and i say, in sync. "it doesn't take much skill to understand what you just said, sun woo!" riley scolds. "don't fight." i told them both.

but of course, them being the demonic twins they are, they continued on. "i'm hanging up. bye!" i said, as they slowly began to quieten down.

i look over to the door and see that rowoon was standing there. "you speak english?" he asks. i nod. "i was born in america, while my parents were on vacation. so i sort of grew up there for a few years. then i moved back to korea." i explained. "anyway, i cooked dinner. the boys will be joining us, if you don't mind?" he asks. "oh! not at all!" i insisted. he smiles, beginning to walk off.

"inseong hyung, jisu speaks english too." rowoon says as he steps into the dining room with me trailing behind him. "woah, really? that's great. we can talk about these weirdos without them knowing." he says in english, making me laugh. "noona, so what are you doing now.. in life, i mean." chani asks. i chuckle at how he phrased his sentence. "i'm studying in the arts university a few blocks away from here." i answered, giving him a smile. "woah, really? well, what are you interested in?" zuho asks.

"well.. i've always been interested in photography. but i do a bit of theatre and some singing as well." i explained. "work hard then! we'll cheer you on." taeyang says with a wide smile. rowoon smiles to himself as he eats, catching my eye.

"how's the food? our rowoonie's cooking is pretty good, don't you think?" dawon asks. i nod. "well, to be honest i'm actually sick right now.. so i can't really taste as much as all of you do." i said, frowning. "woah.. what a pity. it's really delicious!" inseong said with a frown. "it's okay, i usually like to cook instead of eating outside anyway.. so you'll most likely get other chances." rowoon says, giving me a small smile. "what do you mean? you're usually-" "chani. have some of this." and before he knew it, hwiyoung stuffs a spoonful of spinach and rice into chani's mouth.

i laugh, covering my mouth as i watched them bicker.