다섯 • five

"if this plastic bag tears open and this jug of milk lands on my foot, i'll cry." i said as we entered the house. i quickly rushed the kitchen and put the groceries down unto the counter, letting out a breath of relief. "yah. you should be an actress. i feel like you'd do great." he says, giving me a sarcastic smile.

"i will hurt you." i threatened as i took out the meat from the plastic bags. he chuckles, nodding. i placed them into the freezer, carefully stacking them. rowoon keeps the freezer open, using his arm as he places the other meats inside as well. i turned around and saw that he was right behind me. i squeezed through and slipped over to the counter to gather more groceries.

"wait. having guests over means that we'll have to cook for them, right?" rowoon asks. "our groceries will be gone. the twins eat like barbarians." i said with a sigh. he laughs. "should we just do delivery then?" he asks. "i'll pay if we do delivery." i insisted, giving him a glare. he sighs. "fine. fine."

i smiled, cheering in success.

we slowly put all the groceries into the fridge and into the cupboards. "so while we wait for dinner, so you want to go for some food?" he asks. "i'm not letting you pay again so let's just eat ramen here." i told him, making him laugh. "you aren't like other girls, huh? what a breath of fresh air." he says with a sigh, opening the cupboards and removing two packets of ramen.

"watch and learn. i made this ramen for the boys before. and they seemed to like it." he says, taking out his phone and showing me a video, though he fast forwarded it to his part before he went on to cook.

i watched as he prepared the dish cooly not phased by his members' reactions while he was cooking. "you're boiling milk?" i questioned, making him smile. "that is very correct." he says, showing me that he was doing it now. i chuckle, nodding, asking for him to continue.

"woah! they gave you high scores!" i cheered, smiling widely. he laughs, nodding. soon, two bowls of ramen were in front of me. he takes one of them and gives me a pair of chopsticks, taking his phone back from me. "woah! it looks better than i thought it would." i said, with a smile. "of course. i put in more effort into this ramen than the one i made for the boys." he says with a chuckle. "enjoy." he tells me. i nod, picking some noodles up and slurping them up.

my eyes widened as i tasted the ramen with the cheese. "yah. once i grow old, you better still cook for me. i'll expect constant food deliveries from you." i told him, making him laugh. "that would be cool." he says, as he eats it for himself.

"crap! i forgot to invite the boys. i'll call youngbin hyung." he tells me. i nod, gesturing for him to do it. i expected for him to stand up to make the call, but he remains in his seat, taking his phone out and putting it on speaker mode.

"hyung." rowoon says. "oh, rowoon-ah." youngbin answers. "are you with the others?" he asks. "yeah." the boys harmonised. i cover my mouth, hiding my laughter. "do all of you want come over tonight? jisu's friends are coming over." he tells them. "oh! sounds like a plan!" chani says excitedly. "we'll come by later on!" inseong says. "alright. i'll see you. bye." rowoon says before hanging up.

"they seem to always be so hyper." i said as i ate more of the ramen. "trust me, they are. but once they're asleep, they're out, cold." he says with a chuckle. i laugh, shaking my head. "i don't know if i have any sleeping habits." i admitted with a shrug. "i tend to hug people, which is why i have many pillows." he says with a smile. "that's cute." i cooed. he glares at me, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"you need to see me as a man, not just some cute little housemate." he says with a frown. "i do see you as a man. but you just have many layers to you. like a lasagna!" i said, giving me a smile. "did you just compare me to food?" he asks, raising an eyebrow as he chuckles. "maybe." i said with a shrug. "see? that was cute." he says, giving me a wide smile. "okay. me calling you cute is fine. do not call me cute. it feels weird." i said, shaking my head.