열셋 • thirteen

i sat down on one of the beanbags, wrapping myself in the blanket immediately as i raised my chin up, looking at sky while i leaned backwards, having the beanbag shift underneath me. i shut my eyes, feeling the light breeze hit while i was at momentary peace.

"here." rowoon whispers. i opened my eyes, taking the mug from him as i sat up. he sits down on the beanbag beside me, looking up at the sky as he places his mug on the ground.

"i'll admit it. i was eavesdropping." he says, avoiding eye contact with me. "y-you should be explaining." i pointed out, fiddling with my fingers. "but.. really, what is there to explain?" he asks, sitting up as he faces me.

"i like you, jisu." he says, making my heart beat faster and faster. "i always have. i realised it during the first few days of knowing you. you're genuine and fragile. you cry because of little things that eventually get bottled up. you're soft hearted but you are confident and sometimes, a little sarcastic." he says with a chuckle, looking at me.

"you have this fire in you when you get angry. you're a mixture of everything that a guy could find attractive." he says, finishing off. "but.. you're afraid of love. and i can respect that. which is why i'm doing what i'm doing-" "but i don't want you.. to do that." i told him, biting the inside of my cheek.

he smiles, taking my hands into his. "i know you don't. i don't either, jisu. but i will, because i respect you and your feelings. i'm willing to wait." he tells me. "but.. i already like you." i said clearing my throat as i pulled away from him.

"and.. i'm willing to put my fears aside.. if that means having you in my life." i confessed. he smiles, pulling me closer to him. "is this our confession?" he asks as he wraps his arms around me. "this was easier than i expected." i said, letting out an exhausted sigh.

"so is today our first day?" rowoon asks, placing his chin on my shoulder. "w-what?! you didn't even ask-" "do i really need to though?" he whines jokingly. i glare at him, eyeing him up and down. "i'm going to bed." i told him, standing up. he chuckles, following behind me.

"sleep well." he says, leaning against his door frame as i opened my door. "you too." i answered, giving him one last glance before entering my room and shutting the door behind me.

you'd think that after talking it out, i'd be able to sleep. but i couldn't. i spent the entire night, wide eyed as i stared at the ceiling. and before i knew it, my alarm clock rang.

6am

i sighed, getting up and taking a quick shower before i changed into black leggings and a white shirt with folded sleeves. then, i take my phone out, deciding to text rowoon.

jisu : i've already left the house. see you when i get back.

i didn't really know what else to type.. i didn't want to seem cold.. or like i was treating him differently. i was a little afraid.

i shook my head, getting rid of these thoughts as i grabbed my bag and put on my shoes, leaving the house. i went nearer to the main road, flagging for a taxi. i hopped in and told the driver the address of the studio.

within fifteen minutes, i was there. i smiled, taking money out of my wallet and giving it to him. he thanks me, bowing. "thank you." i said before i got out of the taxi with my belongings.

i began walking towards the entrance of the building, only to be bombarded with questions by the paparazzi. i tried my best to ignore them all as i made my way into the building, the doors closing in their faces.

i sighed in relief, going to the room that was assigned to us and opening the door. "annyeonghaseyo!" i greeted with a wide smile as i saw two of the girls. "jina's on one of her worst moods today. it's good that you came before her." yun ji says with a sigh. "where's lia?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows.