열두 • twelve

time lapse to when clover has already debuted

i allowed for the other girls to leave the stage first before i stepped down. my eyes began to water as we entered the dressing room, while the others were already bawling their eyes out. "i'm so proud of you girls." jina says, sniffling as she looks at all of us.

"group hug!" lia calls adorably as she wipes her tears. i smile, opening arms as we all engulf each other in warm embrace. my phone vibrates, making me check it as we all pulled away from each other.

rowoon : you did amazing. congratulations, leader-nim :)

i chuckle, shaking my head as i chose to respond.

jisu : couldn't have done it without your support, oppa. :)

"let's go home, ladies." naomi says, nodding in satisfaction. i nod, agreeing with her. "we have to wait until the arena's emptied out." jina tells us.

having some spare time on our hands, the girls and i bevin to remove our makeup and undo our hair. i then changed into sweatpants, a regular hoodie and sneakers. i returned my clothes to the stylists, like the others did.

soon, the arena was empty and we were able to leave. the girls and i were guided through the halls, then brought to the restricted carpark. i furrow my eyebrows, seeing a familiar car with someone leaning against it. just then, the person lifts his head as sees me, a smile spreading on his face immediately.

"i'll see you girls tomorrow. take care." i told them, waving. they greeted me, waving as well before they sat down on the bench, waiting for their rides. i began walking towards rowoon, only for him to begin walking towards me, engulfing me in a hug almost immediately.

i smiled, dropping my bag to the ground as i wrapped my arms around him. "the boys are waiting at home, so let's hurry." he whispers. i nod, pulling away. we got into the car and buckled in, before he began to drive.

i placed my bag by my feet, letting out a sigh as i shut my eyes. "who knew that things would turn out like this?" i asked as i looked out the window. "it's been a two months since the contract ended and it was renewed." he tells me. i nod.

"i thought that after that two month mark, we'd be done with." i admitted. "were you afraid?" he asks with a teasing smirk. "of course. i invested practically my entire life savings- i'm kidding." i said, cutting myself off as i saw his expression change.

"you're still a loser." he says, shaking his head. i chuckle, smiling as i fiddled with my fingers. "why are you acting more and more like a girl? it's trippy." he jokes. "i've always been a girl, idiot." i spat, shaking my head. "alright. alright. don't cry." he teases with an adorable pout.

i smile, looking out the window.

"have you seen my interview?" he asks as we pulled into the house. i shook my head. "i was going to watch it before we went on stage so i'd be less nervous, but i couldn't get any connection." i admitted. "it's fine, watch it whenever. then let's talk." he says. i furrow my eyebrows, following him as i got out of the car as well.

"surprise!" the boys cheered. "woah! what's all this?" i asked with wide eyes, as i was engulfed into a hug. "it's our present!" dawon says with a smile. "it's like our regular hangout." chani points out. i nod, smiling. "i like it that way." i said.