Chapter 15

1 month later

Caisson watches with a smile as her brother plays with his one year old little girl. They both wear wide smiles and baby giggles fill the room. It is the first time in a while she has seen Colton genuinely happy.

It had been a huge bur in his side when he found out that she started dating Gunner. Not to mention when he saw her bronc riding. Even though it wasn't the extremes that it could have been the strain on their relationship was more than she wished it was. Sometimes she wonders if she is doing the right thing but she always comes back to the thought that she is not going to give up on her and Colton's relationship no matter what.

"Kay did you hear me?"

She shakes her head with a slight smile on her face. "Sorry, no I didn't I was thinking."

He rolls his eyes but a smile makes the edge of his lips twitch. "You? Thinking? Really that's something I never thought would happen," he says sarcastically.

"What did you say?" She asks ignoring his sarcasm, as usual.

"I asked you where Gunner's next event is at."

This catches her off guard and sends her mind racing with all kinds of different things. Why does he want to know? Is he just being nice or does he want to ruin it for her? Or maybe it is the far fetched idea that he actually wants to support her in the decisions she has made? "Uh, umm, Colorado," she stutters trying to clear her head.

"Nice. What part of Colorado?"

She takes a deep breath and says a silent prayer asking for God to hold her tongue. "It is around Denver, I think."

"Nice. Are you going with him?" He presses.

She shrugs in honesty. "I don't know yet. I have things I need to do, but it is a thought."

"Yeah, I see. Are you going to the rodeo in Kansas City in a couple of weeks?" He asks as he tickles the tiny toes of his daughter.

She chuckles at the giggles coming from her niece as she thinks about the best way to answer that question is. Finally she speaks, "Well I am going to it I'm just not sure how, yet."

He stops and looks up to meet her gaze. "What are you talking about? Is Kasey not going to that one?"

She grins to herself as she realizes that she has his full attention. "Yes, she is, but I am exploring new things in the rodeo world. Learning where I fit in."

He raises an eyebrow. "And just what does that mean?"

"I have tried competing, I have tried being a vendor, now I think I want to try something new. Even if that means going out on a limb to find where I fit in I know I have the rodeo in my blood."

Her last statement makes a smile spread across her brother's face. Maybe, just maybe she's not such a black sheep of the family after all.
***

Gunner reads the name on his phone and shakes his head. Nope, he is not in the mood for talking to him regardless of what he has to say. He sends it to voicemail and puts it back in his pocket. Not fifteen seconds later his phone dings letting him know a voicemail has indeed been left. He traits down on the bed and tries to relax. He hasn't talked to Caisson in close to a day and it is driving him nuts.

A knock at the door startled him from his daze. He quickly got up and swung it open. A shocked smile spreads across his face as his eyes land on his beautiful girlfriend. "Cais! What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to make it to this one?"

She smiles and wraps her arms around his neck. "Well I moved a few things around and arranged to see my man ride."

He shakes one arm around her waist. "Well I'm sure glad you did."

As he closes the door she places a kiss on his cheek. "So you take a nap and I am going to clean this hot pen up a little bit."

He rolls his eyes and groans in frustration. "I am serious Cais it doesn't need to cleaned I know where everything is just like this. Besides I want to hold you and play with your hair not watch you clean."

She giggles as he tickles her rids. "Okay, okay, I give. How about we watch a movie?"

He nods. "What movie does my Love want to watch?" He watches as she giggles and stares at him waiting for him to realize what she wants. He stares back at her and rolls his eyes. "Really you want to watch heartland again?"

She gives him a 'cheese' grin and nods her head. "Please, Gun?"

He shakes his head. "I can't believe I am going to do this, but okay."

She claps her hands and hugs him tight. "Thank you handsome Gunner!"

"Okay, okay, you can let me go now."

She releases him and he pulls her to his side as heartland beings to go over what happen in the last episode. Although it wasn't his favorite show he didn't mind watching it if it meant he got to see the huge smile play with his woman's lips.

He mentally shakes his head. Why don't you just tell her? What's the worse she could do tell you it's only temporary for her? That thought stung and is the last thing he wants to think about. Alright Gunner, this is it just bite the bullet and tell her. "Hey, Caisson."

She turns to look at him with a raised eyebrow and a listening ear. "Yes, Gunner?"

"I have a question."

She nods urging him to keep going with what he has to say.

"Umm, uh," he takes a deep breath. "Is it okay if I can you my woman?"

A smile breaks across her lips and she nods. "Yes it is okay with me," she says before adding, "my handsome man."

Without thinking he gently kisses her soft pink lips. It is a slow and light kiss, but she kisses back and that's all he needs to believe that she feels about him like he does her. As their lips part smiles grace both of them just before she wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him back into a deeper kiss.