Chapter 26

Caisson's eyes light up and she begins to uncontrollably cover his face with kisses. "Oh Gunner! You and Colton both, right here? This is like a dream come true!" Everything that she has hoped for in the back of her mind and what she has even prayed for a on and off again just spilled from her boyfriends lips. How much better can this day get? She's gotten to drive him around, kiss him, be in the midst of beautiful scenery, and the words she has secretly wanted to hear for a while where just spoken to her.

He chuckles at her excitement and places each of his hands on her cheeks before kissing her passionately. However, when they pull apart it is as if the kiss took her excitement away. Her face now holds an expression of confusion and worry. His eyebrows crease with confusion. "Pine Cone, what is it?"

She looks up into his eyes. "Is this what you want? Are you sure you want to quit the circuit? I know how much the sport means to you and how much you enjoy it. I don't want to be the thing that keeps you from following something you have a passion for." The last thing that her heart could ever want is to be the reason he gives up his passion and his dream.

Tenderly he takes her hands in his and places a feather like kiss on each of them. "I'm not giving it up. I am sharing my passion with others. Besides, this is where I want to be, right here with you. I want to be there for the sleepless nights and all the dirty diapers. I want to be there when you have to hire on help because you can't keep up with all the orders. Caisson, I don't want to be roaming the country missing big moments in our future."

There are tears forming in her eyes at his sweet words. She always knew that he was in it for the long haul, but the verbal confession makes her heart melt with happiness and joy. "Care Bear." They are the only words that she can think to speak and even then they come out at just a whisper.

Without a moments notice he begins to wipe away the tears with soft feathery kisses. "Oh, Pine Cone, you have no idea how much I care about you and love you. It is more than I can ever tell you or show you. Sometimes I just get so caught up in how much I love you I forget that it is a miracle that you love me b-"

He doesn't get to finish his word let alone his sentence as she plants her lips on his soundly. What starts out a sweet soft kiss quickly turns into a heated make out session as his hands find her loose hair and hers the back of his neck. They are lost to the world as everything else slips away and only the two of them remain.

That is until the blaring of 'When I pray for You' by Dan and Shay. I pray you love like your momma And you forgive just like she does 'Cause when this life knocks you down I hope you get down on your knees 'Cause that's what I do, that's what I do When I pray for you As they pull apart Gunner groans. "What could my mother possibly want at this minute?" Running a hand over his face he answers with a grumpy, "Yes ma'am?"

"Um, I know you had a very romantic day planned with Caisson, but a couple just showed up and are demanding to see her. I have no idea who they are or what they want. They won't talk other than asking where she is and who she is with. They are kind of scary."

Gunner sighs. "Alright, we will be right there. Don't let them tare anything up and get dad to try and engage them in a conversation."

"Okay."

With that the line goes dead and he falls back on the blanket. They don't have a very good track record when it comes to the successfulness of going on dates. Some how something always goes array and leaves it being less than perfect.  "So mom and dad are apparently back for a drop by visit and so are a mystery couple that demands to see you and know your exact location and who you are with. Are you aware you have some form of stalkers?"

She laughs lightly. "Well they aren't stalkers or they would know where we are. However, I think we should go satisfy them even though I really don't want to get up from here."

Once again he groans. "But, Pine Cone, I don't want to! This was suppose to be us time. We haven't had much us time lately and I really wanted today to be special, but apparently people don't know the definition of personal space!" With every word he speaks his voice becomes gruffer and full of anger.

"Woah, woah, woah! Don't go getting angry at me because I don't want my house torn apart and people snooping in my stuff. I know that you wanted us to spend time just the two of us and I do too, but we have lots more time to do that. And today was the most special day you have given me yet. You have no idea how much it means to me that you planned all of this out to come up here and to tell me that. Today is special because I am with you and because you took time to think about the things I like and the things that I enjoy."

He stares stay eyed at her for a long moment before speaking, "You really think all that?"

Cupping his face in her hands she pulls his lips to hers. "Of course I do! Nothing is truer. Nothing except, I love you." 

"I love you too." He plants a kiss on her lips before sighing. "You are right. We should go check out what is going on at your place."

As quickly as possible they put everything back in its place in the basket and fold the blanket up. Caisson takes the blanket while Gunner takes the basket back to his pickup. This time though he convinces her that he can and will be driving from here out. She only laughs and gets in the passenger side of his pickup. "I won't force you to be the passenger twice in a row."

Almost instantly, once they are inside the cab, they clasp hands over the console. Gunner smiles at her and kisses the back of her hand.

The closer to her house they get the more nervous Caisson becomes. A million questions run through her mind. Who is demanding to see me? What do they want? Why didn't they just call me? What will happen once they do see me? When they pull to a stop in his usual parking spot she looks around until her gaze lands on the dark red 2017 duly Chevey pickup. "You have got to be kidding me!"