f i f t e e n

NOVEMBER 28, 2016
12: 21 AM

Paris, are you still up?

hello, hannah. obviously, i'm still up.

You should go outside. The news said there will be a meteor shower tonight.

i'm standing on the rooftop right now, actually.

What are you doing there?

just getting some fresh air.

how's your day?

Do you want me to give you the sugar-coated version or are you honestly giving me an opening to vent?

the latter. vent away. i'm listening.

Okay, so I hate everyone and everything right now. I hate my mom. I hate my life. I hate Ian. I hate that I received a bouquet of red and yellow roses tonight. And hell, there's even a not-so-anonymous note saying "sorry".

okay, wait. why do you seem so pissed about this bouquet?

Because it's from Ian.

but you said it was anonymous. how can you be so sure it's him?

My favorite color is red. And his favorite color is yellow. The bouquet has red and yellow flowers.

I don't like it. Sorry can't do anything

i don't understand why you hate ian so much.

Then I will make you understand, but you have to promise me two things: (1) you won't tell Ian and (2) you won't pity me.

okay. i won't.

Promise?

promise.

Okay, don't interrupt.

Remember that my parents are divorced? That's because my father cheated on my mom and left us.

After the divorce, my mom started drinking alcohol to the point that she became half-human, half-alcohol. She's barely sober and after years, became a drug addict.

Some nights, she makes some guys go to the house, and I'll just go outside. Those guys are drug addicts too, and I'm not taking any risk. When that happens, I'll sleep in the garage.

i'll take a wild guess that that happened last night? and tonight?

Yes.

that's insane. and stupid. your mother is insane and stupid. sorry, but i have to say that. why would she bring guys and make her daughter uncomfortable?

i'm close to hailing a flying car and shooting your mom with an Aveda Kedavra spell.

If that means you're going here, no.

tell me something that will make this situation look less dangerous.

Well, I have a baseball bat, some pillows and blankets, and a cheeseburger. Better?

kind of.

Don't make me regret telling you this.

okay, hannah, okay.

how does that connect to ian?

I was going there, but you interrupted.

I already told you this before and given that you and Ian are close, I bet you know who Krystal is.

yes, your best friend that now won't talk to you

Well, yes, Krystal was my best friend and back then, whenever my mom decides it's cool to have drug addicts around her house, Krystal would ask me to stay at theirs. That is, until Ian dated her. After he dumped her, she's no longer talking to me, nor she would ask if I needed a house to stay at. I have no idea what happened.

i'm so sorry

ian is such an asshole.

Yes, and he needs to understand that his sorrys and flowers will not miraculously make up all the troubles he caused.

hannah

look at the sky. it's starting.

Wow.

i have goosebumps.

It's breathtaking.

too much shooting stars to wish at.

You still wish at shooting stars?

it isn't bad to hope, hannah.

I always wish this is just a dream. That my mom isn't like this. Or even if she is, I always wish things will turn out good someday, but I know it's false hope. Wishes never really come true.

it will be. you deserve to be happy.

What's your wish Paris?

i wish i can tell you.

Tell me what?

i'm not ready yet. i don't know what will happen if i tell you.

That's fine, the time will come.

i wish it will never come.

Why?

never mind, hannah. i apologize for what my best friend did, okay? i think he has no idea about what he caused.

Don't tell Ian about this okay?

okay, hannah. mornight.

Mornight, Paris.