Chapter 5

3rd Pov.

Avia sat on the couch, as the others laid in silence. Alex's head laid in her lap, as she watched over them. She sat in silence as she slowly closed her eyes.

'Avia opened her eyes and saw she was on a plane. She glanced around, til she saw Charles out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey." She said, and Charles looked up at her. He stared at her, and glanced to the mirror next to him. He didn't see her, and she sat down in front of him.

​​​​​​"Hi." He said, with his​ mind awkwardly.

"Did you get what you seeked?" She asked, and Charles shook his head.

"We got information I was afraid of. How are the kids?" Charles asked, and she looked down at her hands.

"Shaw attacked the compound." She said silently, and Charles stood.

"What?" He said, loudly and Avia sighed. She made herself visible to everyone, as Erik walked to them.

"What are out doing here​?" He asked, and Avia glanced at Charles.

"Shaw attacked the compound." Charles said, and rubbed his hand down his face.

​​​​​​"We need to hurry." Erik said, and began to walk away. Avia grabbed his wrist, and he glanced down at her hand then to her face.

"Hold on to me." She said, and Erik stared at her. Charles touched her shoulder, and grabbed the right side of her hips. Erik did the same as he was the opposite.

Avia concentrated on teleporting as Erik watched her. The ground around then began to shake, as they began to fade in and out.

Avia gasped, as she teleported then to the compound. The tremors around her stopped, as Erik and Charles let go of her. Avia sighed and began to walk. Her body was wobbily as she tried to walk but about fell over.

Erik walked over to her and grabbed her waist.

"Wait." He said, as he gestured to a metal piece. He made it become threads that braided together. He moved his and towards her waist, and a chains was wrapped around her stomach.

She began to walks and felt a pull on her stomach. Erik was holding her up. She glanced back at him, and walked forward back to the others.

"Let's go."

-----
​​​​​

"Raven?" Charles yelled as he walked towards the kids.

"We've made arrangements
for you to be taken home immediately." Charles said, as Avia kept a hand against Erik's arm. She stared across at Charles as Cassidy spoke.

"We're not going home." He said, and Charles gave him a look of confusion.

"What?" Charles asked and he spoke again.

"He's not going back to prison." Cassidy gestured to Alex, and Avia looked at him.

"He killed Darwin." Alex half shouted, and Avia frowned slightly.

"All the more reason for you to leave. This is over." Charles said, and Raven spoke next to him.

"Darwin's dead, Charles. And we can't even bury him." She said, and tucked her head in his neck.

"We can avenge him." Erik said, and Charles gave him a look.

"Erik, a word, please." Charles said, and Avia turned with Erik as she was put between Charles and him as their backs faced the others.

"They're just kids." Charles said, and Avia looked sat him.

"No. They were kids. Alex watched as Darwin died. Shaw has his army, we need ours." Avia said, and Erik smirked down at her.
Charles smirked at the look Erik gave and turned halfway to look back at the others.

"We'll have to train. All of us." Charles said to them, and they nodded.

"Yes?" Charles asked and they stood slightly.

"Yeah." Alex said, and he stood.

"Well, we can't stay here. Even if they reopen the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go." Hank said, and Charles smiled.

"Yes, we do." Charles said, and Avia gave him a confused look.

-----

"This is yours?" Cassidy asked, as they stated up at a great mansion.

"No, it's ours." Charles said, and looked back at us.

"Honestly, Charles. I don't know how you survived, living in such hardship." Erik joked and Avia stood next to him with a smirk.

"Well, it was a hardship softened by me." Raven said, and she walked forward.
"Come on. Time for the tour."